Wednesday, 12 August 2009

0 down, 1000 to go

Some time ago I got a mate "1000 things to do in London". He's an Aussie like me so any tips are always welcome. It fitted nicely in his Christmas stocking too. Well, it would have, had we had stockings for each other. Instead, it fitted nicely in our backpacks as we caught a cable to the top of a mountain to exchange gifts last Christmas before skiing down (yes, wearing a flashing santa hat). Whilst I still think it is a top gift, there was a little self interest in it - I thought I could ride coat tails maybe.

Then, a few short weeks later, I gave another Aussie friend "1000 things to do in Britain" as part of his birthday gift. He'd not long bought a car (go dubya) so he had the means to get of this great metropolis a little more than the rest of us.

Soon after, being the cheapskate (or frugal) one amongst us, I picked up a copy of "1000 things to do in London for under £10". That would have been April some time. (note, I got it half price at Foyles, my most favouritist of book shops)
So far, I've accomplished 0 of them. Well, maybe I have, but I don't know. You see, I haven't yet stopped to look at the book in any detail. In flicking, I see some things that are kind of every day activities, so I'm guessing I've done a few, but I just don't know.
So, going forward, I am going to do those 1000 things before they are no longer under a £10. So, folks at home, if you are wondering how long until I head home one way, I'll keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment