Wednesday, 28 October 2009

Ten on a Tuesday

So I'm so far from being a regular poster, but I aspire to.  Partly, I can put it down to a lack of time.  Somehow, I've managed to be away three weekends running.   This week is Cornwall, but after that, I'm home for a weekend (then away for two more!!).  I'm going to work on getting some things out there that I want out there. 

Reading some of my favourite blogs, they have regular features.  I'm not 100% sold on that for me, especially whilst I work out what I want from this blog, but one that I'm going to pick up on today is Ten on a Tuesday from the delightful Roots and Rings



So here is my Ten.  Feel free to play along and link back to Roots and Rings, as well as here (via comments).

1. What are you going to be for Halloween?
Tired but relaxed and smiling I imagine.  Oh, you mean costume? Whilst it is bigger here in the UK than it is at home (Australia), it isn't something I think about.  I'm heading down to the south coast and won't be celebrating Halloween.


2. Have you ever been on television?
Yes, on regional BBC.  We (old friend N) and I were interviewed after getting of the ferry from Dun Laoghaire (near Dublin) to Holyhead (Nth coast of Wales) on 2 January 2002, just after the Euro had been introduced in Ireland.  Given how rough the ride had been and how we were still suffering from a double NYE, we were realy quite coherent.  The intro of the Euro as a currency was super helpful for us as we backpacked around Europe. And that is what we told the BBC.

3. Do you have a toilet paper preference?
I have preferences and needs.  I prefer it rolls over, not under.  I prefer it to be white.  I prefer it without prints.  I prefer it folded.  I need it to not be scratchy.

4. When you’re pregnant, will you find out the sex of the baby? (Or if you’ve already had babies, did you find out the sex?) Why or why not?
Depends.  I would like to think so.  It would make the planning etc (esp names) easier.  That said, if my eventual baby daddy has good reasons to not want to find out, then I might be persuaded not to.  To be honest, I haven't given it much thought.  I don't think they're in my five year plan.

5. What are three items that every kitchen must have?
A coffee machine. Like an espresso machine, not a percolator, dripolator, plunger or stove top. No, one of these babies please:



Secondly, a whizz stick/immersion blender/bamix. They go by many many names but I like a powerful one with full attachments.




Thirdly, well hard to pick, but I would say a scanpan wok. I spent my first post uni full time paycheck on a scan pan kitchen set and I still love them to this day (yes, it is currently a long distance love but it is only making me appreciate them more and more). I say the wok because they can be so versatile, with deep sides etc.



6. Do you enjoy Christmas shopping?
Yes, more so now there are some kids in the family.  My niece and nephew are delightful to shop for.  I struggle for the rest of the family to find the perfect gift but I give it a good go.  I love the wrapping/giving side of it just as much.

7. What is your go-to recipe? (The thing you cook more than anything else because it’s easy and mindless.) Please share the recipe.
Lentil bolognese.  Follow any bog recipe you have, substituting partly cooked lentils (or tinned) and you will be sure to please any vegetarians at the table. It is a fab winter dish.

8. Do you sleep on your back, belly, or side?
All of the above, based on how I wake up but to go to sleep, I have to be either on my back or on my left side.

9. How do you feel about Tom Cruise?
I'm a vegetarian, and I sure as heck would pass on a date with him to stay in for lamb roast.  (see Australian lamb add, circa a long time ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt1YV9Bj72c)

10. What books are in your “books to read” stack?
Ruin Air.  I've read Ryan Air so now I'm getting the other side of the story.
Jane Eyre.  A friend back home was shocked and disgusted I hadn't read this.  It didn't get better when I tell her the view from rele's place out of Howarth has views to Top Withens, part of the inspiration for the Bronte Sisters. Oh, yeah, I've seen all sights of Bronte Country, I just haven't read any of them!!
Lonely Planet Guide to Great Britain - seeking inspiration for the weekend ahead.

So that is my Ten on Tuesday.  What's yours?

2 comments:

  1. Love it! You're very entertaining!! I hope you keep doing these because you make it fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as the blender can make frozen cocktails

    ReplyDelete