Wednesday, 18 November 2009

10 on a Tuesday (6) but (3)

So it is the 6th week of Ten on a Tuesday (and her birthday week - birthday shout outs to you Chelsea) over at Roots and Rings , but only my 3rd week participating.  Again I'm finding the questions tough because I just don't think there is that much to me! 

1. What are some of your family traditions?

The obvious ones revolve around holidays.  Actually, that is a lie.  There aren't any obvious ones that I can think of.  There are things we did often when we were young but my family life is in three parts (0 - 9 with Mum and Dad, 10 - 16 with Dad and then 16+ with Dad and Lynne), and any "traditions" mostly only cover one or maybe two periods.  One thing we do is an Easter Egg hunt at the farm.  It is open to us kids, our friends, our cousins etc and is on Easter Sunday before lunch.  There is a smaller scale one for my niece and nephew (not fair to pit them against all us adults).  Do you have any idea how good a place a farm is to hide eggs?  Stables, dairy, house paddock, oval and driveway are the limits. 


2. Do you know how to change a flat tire?

No.  I don't have a car either so that is my excuse.  My excuse for the years I did have a car in Melbs?  I had people on speed dial that do know how, as well as roadside cover.

3. Do you subscribe to any magazines? What are your favorites?

No, not anymore.  I don't seem to free up the cash for them.  Some of my fave are Australian Women's Weekly (a little mumsy at times but I love the recipes), National Geographic (parents are long time suscribers so I often use to flick), The Week, Time Out London (which my lovely housemate subscribes to)

4. What are your top three favorite office supply items? (If you don’t share the love of office supplies with me or if you are male, you may skip this question.)

I would have suggested that if you don't have this lil love affair in your life, you can move along now pretties, but maybe I need to work on my tolerance!!

Pens - lots of pens, inky gelly pens.  Right now I'm digging the G-2 Pixie Rollerball Pen in turquoise.  It is mini enough it fits in my wallet.  Love it.  I used the full size one in blue at work (and red and black and what not).





Highlighters - specifically Stabilo Swan, in all colours.  I'm an accountant - lots of spreadsheets, paperwork etc.  Me need colour





And the 3rd is a three way tie between my diary (I'm not organised but this little raspberry coloured beauty with matching pen helps), anything from Smiggle or anything from Kikki K

5. Are you a good public speaker?

No, far from the best.  It is something I came to enjoy in my old job though.  I was lucky - I was a bit of nerd in a particular area of Australian tax law so I got a few interstate trips to present trainings and seminars on...Australian Superannuation Rules.  See, told you I was a nerd.  It wasn't something I always dug but my old mentor and I worked at it, and I joined a Toastmasters Club (Glen Waverley was my local) for a couple of years before moving to London.  So, am I good?  Depends on what you want me to talk about! (and trust me, you don't want me to talk about super...)

6. How do you feel about acronyms?

My old firm (known by its acronym) had a 6 page dictionary of internal acronyms.  Not quite right, really, is it?  I really do use some too often (NFI is the most...no freakin idea - it is lazy, I know) but LOL/ROFL/IMHO/OMG make me feel old and like I might be talking to a 13 year old.  Is that the image you want to give off?

7. What’s the most creative things you’ve ever done? (Bloggers, feel free to include pictures!)

I'm not really a creative type.  I'm an a.c.c.o.u.n.t.a.n.t. with super superb p.r.o.c.r.a.s.t.i.n.a.t.i.o.n. skills so I think of loads of creative things I would like to do, and could do, I don't actually pull many off!  I've done a few bits and bobs in this home that I should get around to posting.  Small things.  Really small things.  Probably not worth posting about.


8. I’d rather jam a pen in my eye than…
Eat a banana

How ironic that the body shop has this advertising going at the moment.  So far from the truth.

.


9. What company has the best advertising?

See above.  Not the body shop.  No, siree, def. not the body shop.  The patriot in me really likes the Qantas adds that they bring out around big events.  A the Yellow Pages Directory have had some beauties (Not Happy Jan and GoGGomobil series come to mind. 


10. When is your birthday?

Not today, not tomorrow but next week!  That's right - it is soon and will be good.  November 25th will mark the passing of another year of my life, and a darned good one at that.

So here is my Ten. Feel free to play along and link back to Roots and Rings, as well as here (via comments).

1 comment:

  1. Re no. 7, your photography is pretty creative! Especially the light drawings :)

    ReplyDelete