Saturday, 14 November 2009

Goodbye Autum leaf road...

I have fallen in love with Autumn all over again this year.  Back home in Australia, it doesn't seem to have the magical feel it does here, and with seemingly more trees being evergreen (or evergreys in the case of many gums), the colours don't quite pop as much as they do in the Northern Hemisphere.




I'm heading to Norway this weekend and Iceland next so it is pretty much the end of the ooh-ahhh-oohs at all the colours.  To celebrate/comiserate, I'm posting a few of my favourite Autumn snaps.  I've seen so much more prettiness, I just have been too busy enjoying it to really capture it!





The 3 pics above are:

(1) The far shores of Loch Lomond, Scotland (taken Oct 09)
(2) Kitsbuhel, Austria (taken last Oct 08 so technically a cheat)
(3) Dusk in Lustleigh, Devon (UK) (taken 31 Oct 09).

Ideally, I'd love to spend some of next Autumn in New England.  If you can't imagine how beautiful that might be, check out this set of photos on Flickr from Kipernicus.  I want to be there dag namit!

No comments:

Post a Comment