Monday, 16 November 2009

Photo 5,000!!

Wow - I just uploaded the last batch of my pics to my computer and realised I have taken more than 5,000 photos on my little camera in the last 499 days! I got my little red beauty last year just before I moved to London and have been snap happy ever since.

So I've taken a total of 5,051 pics in all. Let me share with you some of the milestones. Looking back through my folders to find these has made me feel incredibly lucky to be able to live the life I do. 

is number 5,000!

It was taken at dusk in Vigeland Sculpture Park, Oslo yesterday (Sat 14th November). 

4,000

20090926-DSC04000.NZ

This is my parents at my older brother's wedding in New Zealand in September 2009.  My lens had fingerprints from my gorgeous little niece all over it.  I cleaned it between 4,000 and 4,001 so the later is a far better pic, but hey ho.

3,000 -

DSC03000

Taken on a walk along the canal in Hertford.  When the craziness of London gets to me, I head to my friends cottage on the canal here and kick back.

2,000 -

DSC02000

The Blue Mosque, Istanbul.  Taken in April as part of a 10 day tour of Turkey, timed for the dawn services at ANZAC cove. 

1,000 -

next question?  pic 1,000 was taken at the Redback Tavern in Acton, West London, towards the end of a "quiet drink" that resulted in a power session and some seriously severe hangovers for all involved.  Needless to say, no one needs to see the pics!

I wonder when I will take number 6,000?  This side of Christmas I suspect - I've got two trips (Iceland and York) planned, my birthday and some Christmas functions.  Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. That is A LOT of pictures! How cool though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really good photo per day average. Great summary showing each multiple of 1000 - they turned out to be really good photos! Oh please upload number 1000 :)

    ReplyDelete