Tuesday, 24 November 2009

Ten on a Tuesday (7)

Another week, another ten on a Tuesday, via Roots and Rings.  This week, she's taken questions from the audience so I can't really blamer her if I find them tough.  Well, I can, because she selected them, but I can't because it is not her fault I don't know myself that well!!

1. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?

A P.E. teacher.  My friends now might laugh at this.  A lot.  I'm not as sporty as they come.  Let's just say that.  I'm also not as patient as they come so I don't think teaching is really my calling.

2. Name 3 of your irrational fears.

(1) - Manhole covers/grates/parts of pavements/cattle grates that aren't really pavements.  I'm getting better with these, but not there yet.  I now only avoid them if it isn't going to inconvenience every other soul on the footpath.  I've made huge steps.  It started in Madrid in 2002. 

(2)  - Fingers getting sliced off.  I don't really like ice-skating for this reason.  I also use to think of what would happen if a tram ran over your finger on a daily basis during my commute in Melbourne.  How irrational is that?  I mean, you would have to be lying on the tracks for this to happen - so your fingers really should be the least of your concerns.

(3) - All my teeth falling out.  I don't know why they would - I brush and floss as I should, I have my 6 monthly check ups and I have no fillings.  They don't just fall out in my dreams though, they split in half then fall out.  And yes, sorry if you are eating.

And for no reason, here is a gorgeous pic of my home town with a W class tram in it (via Andru1308's Flickr photo stream).

St Kilda tram stop


3. If you had a $200 gift card to any store, what would you want it to be? (Nothing responsible allowed. Can’t be used for groceries or anything)

Maybe Steamer Trader Cook Shop or Foyles.  I love kitchen things but I could spend hours upon hours in Foyles.

4. What is your most (blog-friendly) embarrassing moment?

See here.  Question Three. Falling over for no good reason whilst wearing flats, walking through the (flat) cafe foyer at my old work and putting myself out of action for nigh on six months. 

5. If you were only allowed to eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would you choose?

Probably pizza.  See, it is a little bit of a cheat answer but some of my fave pizza's have loads of toppings (pumpkin, pine nuts, goats cheese, spinach, artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms etc) which would mean that selecting this meant to eat many of my favourite things (although not all at once).  I'm also quite partial to sweet pizzas - nutella, raspberries, hazelnuts etc.  Most bases covered. 

6. What was your favorite toy growing up?

Probably our lego collection.  My older brother and I had a massive collection that we could play with for hours.  Have you been to a Lego shop recently?  They have some amazing things.  Stay tuned for a post of my Lego Nirvana soon.

7. Do you have a “go to” outfit? What is it?

Sure do - Jeans, black rollneck, starry cons and brightly coloured scarf.

8. Who was the best teacher you ever had?

Miss Large probably in primary school.  Not  the greatest name for her, given she was about 5 foot tall and well into hockey and sports.  She didn't stand for nonsense but was quite friendly.  She was super helpful for Simon and I during our later primary years when Mum passed away. 

High school - probably Mr Canty - he saw some strengths in me that I maybe didn't see straight away and helped me find them, and my career (which I enjoy, for the most part). 

9. If you could buy any car right now (something at least SORT OF within the realm of reality…so, you know, a Rolls Royce may not qualify), what would it be?

A second hand Nissan Figaro in Lapis Grey. 



Or maybe a baby blue Fiat 500 with blue leather interior, or a Hot Magenta Pearlescent Ford Fiesta?  Nothing too extravagant. The Fiesta is the most practical and the best value for money but I'd be happy with any of them.

10. How do you reckon that Chelsea comes up with 10 of these questions every week? It was hard! What’s your theory on how she’s so creative? Are you going to help her?

Reading her blog it is a given she's creative, honest, open and funny.  I think a lot of the questions come from random brain worms but others might be suggested or something.  I'd love to help her, I'm just still thinking over some questions.

So that is my 4th Ten on a Tuesday.  I'm planning on catching up on the ones I missed because I was late to the party sometime soon.    What are your ten??

1 comment:

  1. Miss Large is certainly an unfortunate name. She would fit in well as a character in a Mr Men book. It isn't as unfortunate as my grade 6 teacher's name: Miss Hore. Luckily she was a primary school teacher and not a high school teacher. For some reason we didn't appreciate the humour in this yet.

    ReplyDelete