Wednesday, 25 November 2009

So it's my birthday

And I'll eat cake and coffee if I want too.

After a busy evening baking treats (, Hedgehog slice ) last night for the work colleagues I am having an indulgent day today.  I had a Lemon cupcake and coffee for breakfast and a cookie and coffee for morning tea.  Maybe I'll have some marshmallow hedgehog slice and a coffee for afternoon tea.

Life is good.

Recipe notes:
I made a triple batch of the cookies, doubling the choc chip content in each (ie, 6 times what the recipe says!).  The chips I used were milky way buttons, cadbury dairy milk buttons, bournville buttons and pink smarties.  Yep, 4 varieties of choc chips.  Needless to say, I'm popular at work today.

I also changed the Hedgehog recipe to substitute mallows for walnuts to cater for people with nut allergies, and my own personal tastes.  It's like a rocky road hedgehog cros bred and it works.  It really really works.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! I hope you have a fabulous day and the baking sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete