Wednesday, 16 December 2009

Ten (plus five) on a Tuesday - round 10

It's is Tuesday which means...another ten things about me.  As a bonus this week, I'll give you an extra five.  Actually, not sure if it counts as a bonus.  I'm doing it because Chelsea did it.  I'm good on auto pilot like that.  Auto-pilot pretty much sums me up this week actually.  Anyway, before I ramble any more, I will put a structured frame work around the rambling.  Chelsea (Roots and Rings) asks ten questions (this week from her Auntie Bonnie, who wants to know 15 things this week) and we all play along.  I'll link to my answers in her comments, as loads of others do, and we'll have a ToaT blogfest love in and laugh.  That's pretty much it.



1. If you could change anything about your physical appearance, what would it be?
Taller I think is it. Or maybe not red hair? I tried dying it brown on the weekend but now it is just a reddish brown. So yeah, taller.

2. Is there a habit in others that you find annoying?
Repeated reneging. I hate it when people say one thing and do another. I can understand that plans change and things come up but it has really dawned on me lately how some people just repeatedly let me down like that. I have very little time for it. Oh, and lying about what came up - clearly that is just a no-no!   Wahoo-hoo - I'm talking about you!

3. What is your favourite recipe using ground beef?
None really. I'm a veggie. Lots of people are disappointed in me (have I mentioned my parents are beef farmers?). It's not a social or environmental thing or nought, I just don't like it.  But if I had to choose one, I'd probably say lasagne because when I cook for either of my brothers, it is what they normally ask for.  Of, if my older brother is being cheeky, he'll ask for a lasagne that he can just cook at home when his mates are around.  I guess that we both moved overseas (him NZ, me UK) is a relief because I don't need to do that any more.  Oh, and I pronounce it La-zag-nee.  Always have, always will.  Maybe that is why they ask for it?  To pick on me?

4. What was your favourite book as a kid?
Seven Little Australians by Ethel Turner.  One of the few books I can read and reread.  There are lots of others I love dearly too, but that is hands down the winner. 




5. Did you work as a teenager and if so, where?
Sure did. My brothers didn't but I did. Go figure. I really liked my job. I worked at the local megaplex. In the candy bar for a bit, a little less time spent ushering (and cleaning) and nigh on three years selling tickets. It was a great high school job. The pay was good (relative to other high school jobs), the conditions clean and the customers mostly happy. All that, and one of my best friends I met there. (oh, and did I mention we got two free tickets a day to use? Bonus.  As a result, I've seen some real doozy movies).  I'm going to suggest it, strongly, to any of my future sprog as they hit 15.

6. Did you work while in college and if so, where?
Yeah - I worked at an accounting firm full time (studying part time). I flipped it after a few years to get some more college time. I also deferred and went a worked in a bar in England. That's a right of passage for most Aussies.
7. When you go to sleep do you like total darkness or semi? When you go to sleep do you need quiet or is some noise ok?
Not really fussed. I'm easy.  I mean, I sleep easy. 
8. When doing laundry, fabric softener or not?
Fabric softener on sheets. Otherwise, meh, not to fussed.

9. Open toed or closed toed shoes?
Closed. It's winter and I like me some nice black tights. Ask in Summer - I love me some thongs (or flip flops if you are English, jandals if you are Kiwi - what do Americans call them?)

10. Would you rather be blind or deaf?
Deaf. We had a deaf girl in our class at school so we had Auslan classes every week. I don't remember much sign language but some so that has to help right? I would be able to tell you that "I know", that "I love you" and that "I need to the toilet". Anything else would require me to spell it out. I would crazy miss music but I would still chose deaf over blind. Still, neither - I like having the use of all my senses. 

11. Dangle or stud earrings?
Dangle. Clip on dangle. There are some cute ones on Etsy - quite a few sellers will custom them to clip on.   These ones for example.  Hello beautifuls.

I had to let my holes close over about 7 years ago, after 7 years of constant problems. I still have an amazing collection of earrings so maybe one day I will try again.  Is someone maybe getting earrings for Christmas?  That is what this question reminds me of. 
12. Bottled water or tap?
If I was in Melbourne - I'd be saying tap. They've got some of the best in the world (in my mind). London - I drink tap but prefer bottle.  I think I've got use to the tap water at my place but not by and large.

13. What do you put on pancakes?
Lemon and sugar is my favourite.  On crepey type pancakces, rolled up.  Yum, now I'm hungry and I've just eaten dinner.  And cookies.  Apricot choc chip cookies. 
14. On a long trip would you rather drive or fly?
Drive I think. I'm over airports. But how long are we talking? Maybe flying will be better.  I'd say if the drive is 5 hours or less, drive.  Otherwise, fly.

15. Do you prefer classic old movies or new?
I'm with Chelsea on this. Classics to me. But not like Gone With The Wind style classics or nought, more like Breakfast Club, Empire Records, that sort of thing. Teen classics, I guess? Should I be concerned - it is a while since I was actually a teen.  Or, should I be more concerned I'm not concerned?

So thats my fifteen for this week.  Back next week with another ten or fifteen or few.  In terms of coming up with a list, I've only got two questions.  Better put some more thought into it!!  In the meantime, I think I will go check out some more clip on earrings on etsy...

No comments:

Post a Comment