Thursday, 10 December 2009

When Worlds Collide - and a new header

First off, housekeeping.  I've been meaning to put some sort of header on this baby for a while now.  Since I started it really.  Ideally, I'd love some of my b&w pics in a film strip style design, changing them out for the seasons.  Sadly, this falls in the "too hard right now" category.  Instead, I stumbled across Shabby Blogs where there are some free backgrounds and headings etc.  Pop of reader if you may, and tell me what you think?  I tried some backgrounds but I think I will stick with white for now.

Anyway, on to my actual posting point!!

Do you all use calendars? I do love them but don't use them perse.  We've always had one in the bathroom, and I'm often giften one or pick one up in the Jan/Feb sales but I've been having a looksee lately to see what is out there.

I've stumbled accross some beauties - some that make me laugh, some that make me daydream and some that make me want to be a better person. I'm going to share with you one of my favourites.  It scores because (a) I love it and (b) there seems to be a serendipitous story as to how I stumbled accross it.  Bear with me as I get wordy and muddled up here!!

First, the calendars I love (his and hers versions) I love.  They're his and hers in their designs but I can appreciate them equally!  It's from Little Brown Pen, who have some really great creative paperworks going on in their Etsy store.  Anyone familiar with the "Keep Calm and Carry On" poster/postcard/placard would be able to appreciate it.  And let's face it, that is a lot of people given the design's popularity in recent times (I just bought a duck egg blue card on the weekend!!). Why Keep Calm and Carry On when you could, say, "Keep Warm and Get it On" or something.  Go check it out - it's great!!

Now, as to how I stumbled accross it.

I have a friend (actually, more than 1, lucky me, but this story just concerns 1 of them), D.  He knows I like jigging around with photos and what not.  He stumbled accross a video, shot in Paris and sent it through to me, thinking I would like it and find it inspiring:



I did.  I really liked it, and stored it away mentally for a rainy day or something.  I don't know why.  We all do that, don't we?

And then, I've been following The Bright Side Project.  If you haven't, you really should - there are some beautiful things on there.  I think I got onto it through Brynn Alexandra but Jess LC of Makeunder My Life recently popped up on there as well. 

And then the Perennial Paris Calendar you see in the video came up.  I was excited - and wanted to share - and am sharing.

Looking through their Etsy shop, I found the calendar I love.  So, to the boys reading this, or in your life, Say Thanks and Exchange for PS3

Now, I'm off to keep exploring the wonderful world of Etsy and Little Brown Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment