Wednesday, 10 February 2010

Ten on a Tuesday - 16

Update:  I typed this out yesterday and thought I posted it.  Clearly I didn't.  Oops.

Another Tuesday, another Ten.  I'm thinking of doing these on Wednesdays in the future though - makes it easier with the time difference.  Hmm, not sure.  Will think some more about it.

Anyway, with any further delay, here is this week's 10 from Kyla via  Chelsea.  Go check out their sites (esp the ginger cookies Kyla has just posted about - I think I need to bake them).


1. Fill in the blank. Sometimes I wish my life was more ______.

c o l o u r f u l

London is a big grey place at times. I love spring and seeing things in colour. I wish I saw everything is vivid colour.  (Although, would that make me not appreciate it so much when I do?)


2. How do you cure the hiccups?

Time and patience. Really, I don't cure cure them. I would if I could but I can't so I shan't.  I hiccup it out. However long that takes.


3. What are three of your favorite indulgences?

Travel is certainly my biggest.
Then maybe coffees?
And...I've hit a road block...maybe shoes, although I've curtailed that in the past two years a lot.


4. Where is the most exotic place you would like to travel to? The most mundane?

I would love to sail to Antarctica from South America - I think it would be amazing, and certainly exotic in the sense it would be different to anything I've seen before. Mundane? I can't think of anywhere in particular that I want to go that I consider mundan.  Maybe home?  (not that Melbs is mundane but going home might be considered mundane).


5. Does having your time planned out stress you or relax you?

This is a balancing act. I love having soemthings planned but having day to day life all planned (unless there are days set aside for downtime) really stress me out sometimes. I have a friend who likes every minute of every day planned - which makes it hard when organising things.


6. What are your favourite fabrics to wear?

Flannel right now. Comfy comfy flannel pyjamas.  I wish I was wearing them now.  But I'm at work so (a) I'm glad I'm not or (b) I wish I was but wasn't here. 

A more glamourous answer you want? You've probably asked the wrong girl - but denim and cottons are always good.


7. Do you sleep through the night?

Mostly. Sometimes I wake up, roll over and go back to sleep. I'm a pretty good sleeper.  It is rare for me not to be able to get to sleep or to wake panicked.  The best nights sleep tends to come the first night after changing the sheets for some reason.

8. When you were younger, what did you think you would be doing at this age? How close is that to what you are doing?

I always wanted to be a phys ed teacher, which is nothing like what I am doing (my quals are all accounting but I work in a more mathematical/analytical role now). In terms of where I'd be in life (married, kids, house etc), I can't remember really having any aspirations.


9. What has surprised you most about growing up?

That time passes but not much changes. Does that make sense? I don't really feel that different to ten years ago and I don't feel like much has changed. Sure, uni is over, post grad is over, I live in a different country etc etc but everything feels very much the same to me. I do think I'm better at espressing myself (this 10oaT aside) and a lot more patient and understanding, whilst also knowing what/who I can't be assd with as I get older. 

I guess that as a kid, I knew I was a kid and always thought the same would happen when I was "grown up" or an adult, like there was a magical time where you became an adult.  I don't think that is the case.  If it is the case, then I am clearly not an adult.  Maybe when you have kids, this clicks over? 

10. Are you good at keeping secrets?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. So I'm def. not the best but if it is a biggy, I can do it, and if it isn't mine, I can usually do it. I often tell people but that are unrelated to the secret. For instance - I knew a secret about a friend in London (who I have many mutual friends in common). I really felt like I needed to talk something out about this so I did, but with someone that didn't know the person. Should I have? probably not, no. Did it cause any harm? No. It is all out in the open now anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment