Friday, 26 February 2010

Ten on a Tuesday on a Thursday again

I'm well behind in life this week and this blog is no exception.  I returned late Monday night (actually early Tuesday morning) after a brilliant weekend in Vienna and Edlach and have been chasing my tail ever since.  I feel as if I'm coming down with something but I'm pretty sure it is just lack of sleep.  So, I've prioritised that over pretty much all other things this week.  Posting will probably be non-existent until the weekend but I've dropped by for this one.  The ten questions focus on desserts.  So not to strenuous for this tired girl.

Questions, as always, via Chelsea

1. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
A good coffee fudge never goes astray, or passionfruit gelato.  I'm pretty easily pleased though.


2. What is your earliest memory?
Of our child minder (Alice, a lovely Irish lady about 10 years older than my parents), giving me a big paper bag of sweets the night before a plane ride.  Connected to this, I remember walking off on Dad (against his explicit instructions) at Melbourne Airport when we were in the viewing deck watching the planes the next day.  My reasoning? I wanted to return to Mum who was minding our luggage and lolly bags. 

3. What is your earliest memory of a dessert?
Lollies and sweets aside, this is a hard one. I remember mish mash desserts my cousins and I would make each Christmas on the kids table.  They'd be chocolate pudding (none of us liked dried fruit so we didn't have Christmas pudding - the adults did though), vanilla ice-cream, triple swirl ice-cream (blue, pink and yellow - flavours unknown), cream and custard. 

4. Do you have any recurring dreams?
No.  I'm terrible at remembering dreams so I can't really think of any, let alone recurring ones.  I might have over the years but not recently.

5. Have you ever dreamed about dessert?
Not than I can remember.

6. What is one thing (aside from a cell phone or computer) that you cannot go the entire day without?
My lip gloss and chewy.  I'm seemingly addicted to both.

7. What is one dessert you could go your entire life without ever having again?
Junket.  Have you ever had such a thing?  Even the name makes it sound yuck. And yuck doesn't even begin to cover it.  Any dessert that is made from tablets (rennet tablets) is wrong in my book.  I just looked it up on wiki.  The first line should warn you just how bad it is:

Junket is a milk-based dessert, made with sweetened milk and rennet, the digestive enzyme which curdles milk. It might best be described as a loose pudding.

It comes in flavours.  Chocolate, strawberry etc.  They taste like the "flavoured" plaster the dentist/orthadontist uses when making a mould of your mouth ahead of braces/mouthguards.

8. If you could go on vacation tomorrow, where would you go? (Assume someone else is footing the bill, but within reason…so “the moon” won’t work)
New York.  I think I've covered.

9. If you could have any dessert tomorrow, what would you have (assume someone else is buying it for you. Within reason though, no “gold sprinkled ice cream cones.”)
My step-mum's chocolate mousse.  It's wickedly good - full of cream and chocolate - and made with love.  So, if someone offered to make it for me, I'd say yes, but it wouldn't be the same.

10. What was your first impression of your significant other? If you’re single, what was your first impression of your best friend?
Best friend - I was jealous because she had doritos (corn chips) and I didn't.  It was prep, she was 4, I was 5.  These things mattered.  Incidentally, we met in February but didn't become friends until November when she offered me a corn chip on my birthday.  That was 1987.

11. What is your first impression of dessert pizza?
Sweet.  Sounds good.  I've only ever had nuttella ones and they were great. 

Having answered those and realised there were 11, I don't feel so bad about taking until Thursday to actually do them.  Let's just say (between you and me) that the extra question took me an extra few days to think about!).  Agreed?  Yep, good, thanks.

What are your favourite desserts people?  Do tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment