Wednesday, 3 February 2010

Ten on a Tuesday – on a Tuesday (16)


That’s right – back to predictabl - I'm doing the questions on a Tuesday not a Thursday this week.. Here’s my ten this week.  Some tough questions.  Not sure what is says about about me but the first two questions were the hardest.  The later ones, whilst maybe saying more about me, were easier because I believe what I believe, if that makes sense?
Anyway, play along if you will (here and over at Chelsea’s)

1. What is your favourite travel destination spot?
NYC.  Still on my mind.  I’m super stoked to be heading to the Greek Islands this summer so that may surpass it.  I love Sandy Point too - a lil beach village on the south east coast of Australia.  Any holiday sounds good to me.

2. Cats vs. Dogs.
I’m kind of on the fence.  We had a cat (Flip) when I was young and we didn't get a dog (Shaq- german shepherd) until I was 16.  We (ok, parents on the farm, but whatever) have a beautiful dog (Fraser, a Bernese Mountain Dog) and he’s just adorable.  But then, so are the cats, and they don’t hog the bed so much.  Look, here’s Fraser as a pup with Merlin (ragdoll Russian blue).  Must I choose?  No, I won't.  But I will say everything beats little dogs.  For me. 



3. Do you believe in fate?
To an extent.  I’m not sure if belief in fate can have grey areas or should be black and white.  I think people coming into our life might be fate but we need to stand up and be accountable for what relationships develop.

4. Do you believe in karma?
Yep, in the form of an elephant.  I always thinks “that’s the damn karma elephant biting ##### (me or someone else) on the bum.  It’s just how I think – I don’t know where this visual of it came from.

5. Everyone has a unique laugh. Do you like yours?
Yeah, it’s not outlandishly unique.  I don’t think.  Readers who know me…please let me know if it is???  I tear up from laughing all too often (not that I laugh too often - not possible - but I have a low funny tears threshold).

6. Is love really all you need?
Nope.  Hope and patience and all other things.  I don’t think loving someone doesn’t solve your worldly problems (but it I don’t think it hurts them either)

7. What’s your take on the whole 2012 scare?
I don’t have a take on it.  I didn’t know anything of it until I read this question.  Google took me to the Fin Times’ science blog (just a hop skip and a click over here).  I still don’t have a take on it.

8. If you won a million dollars and had to give it all away, who would you give it to? (Family and friends not included.)
Spread it around.  I think I'd split it amongst a few causes.  Bowel Cancer research is probably the biggest one.  That's the bugger that got Mum (and a former colleague, and a cousin) and I don't want it to be able to do that to someone elses Mum.  Also some kids - maybe indigenous youth in Australia?  We're good at helping out others around the world but some of the kids in the outback live in way substandard conditions etc so I'd help there.  I'd probably take counsel from loved ones on what was important to them.

9. Do you believe in God/religion/the power of prayer?
Yes, I believe but I'm not huge on classifying it.  I grew up going to a Uniting church, went to an Anglican school.  But I’ll be honest and say I don’t love everything about some religions.  I sometimes don’t get how don’t or can’t believe but I don’t feel like it is mine (or others) place to make them see/believe.  I honestly believe people will find what they need in the own time.  Gentle prods, maybe.  Preaching, not so much for me.

10. What New Year’s Resolution do you always make but never keep?
Keep a diary or get fit.  Although, so far so good for this year.

2 comments:

  1. I've never finished an entire diary before. I have dozens of diaries that are halfway finished, but then I lose the patience to write in them! Blogging is the only "diary" I've been able to keep up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started a journal this year. I think it's going to be so fun to go back and read!

    ReplyDelete