Monday, 1 February 2010

What I didn't do

So happy Monday everyone!!  I woke up with a spring in my step which is most unusual for me on any day of the week, let alone a Winter Monday's morn.  Might be that the sunshine is coming back, Spring is just around the corner and I had a peaceful weekend.

A weekend that included another bootcamp class.  I think it is becoming a of dependency - I'm really enjoying them. And wanting to go more and more often.  Let's embrace whilst I can, hey?

A weekend that included cooking.  Soup on Saturday as is seemingly standard and Chicken Parmagiana for housemates and a friend on Sunday night.  I'm a big baking fan but cooking for others scares me.  I stress if it is overdone, underdone, something they don't eat etc.  Cooking meat whilst being a vegie adds to it a bit because I can't taste it or check is so much.  I should stress less about it because most of my friends (well, all probably) are good people and won't hold it against me if I don't serve up Michelin starred food).

A weekend that included movies - It's Complicated on Friday night (loved it, not the least bit suprised that I did either) and Before Sunrise on Sunday night (it was movie night at my house - we were all crammed around the tele in the lounge watching what is one of my favourite movies).

A weekend that included getting my hair cut.  I'm really bad with my hair - I only get it cut every 3 - 6 months or so.  Not good.  Anyway, this time it is a lot shorted.  As in, a bob-ish style, about 2 inches off my shoulders.  Shorter than I wanted but it will grow so hey ho.  It's funny though - despite spending a whack of time there on Saturday arvo, I keep forgetting I had it done and getting a shock when I see my reflection! 

A weekend that include doing - I finally hung my pinboards that I've had since last year and used those pins I made way back when.  It looks good, not yet great but I think it is something that will evolve.  I'll include some pics when I get a chance to upload them.

A weekend that didn't include reading. In tidying and sorting and de-cluttering, I realised there are far too many books on my nightstand that I have not read. I buy them with the best intentions and just seem to be making no headway on them. I've put one in my handbag today to get going. Once I'm into a book, I find it hard to put it down. It just sometimes takes me a while to get into them. Here are the books that I have not yet read, or finished (this is a new thing for me - I never use to start a new book before finishing the last. I suspect doing this is slowing the whole process down). Some of them have been hanging around since last August!! Others have been picked up cheaply in the Borders closing down sales or at the Southbank Secondhand Book Market.  So here is my list, shaming me for my complacency:


Have you read any of the above?  Or do you have any books kicking around unread??  Share away

claire-thomson-style-paris-6a
{Bookcase from Jamie Meares via I Suwanee

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you made out nicely! I have a couple books laying around I haven't read because I use swaptree.com and bookins.com to swap books. I have Digital Fortress and Anna Karenina that I need to read soon. I really want to see It's Complicated still!

    ReplyDelete