Wednesday, 31 March 2010

A bad blogger…

Should I just write this month off?  Start afresh next month?  I’m leaning towards it. 

My weekend was wonderful – full of daffodils, friends, shopping, laughs, shopping, a peacock, walks and celebrations.

Saturday was mostly spent at a friends’ farewell and birthday bash.  My former housemate is returning to Melbourne with her boyfriend.  They fly out in a few weeks before spending 6 months making the return journey, beginning with the Annapurna circuit in Nepal. Other places they’re visiting include Tibet, India, Sri Lanka, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, China (mainly western), Hong Kong and then Melbourne.  Their trip will be epic and whilst I’m supremely jealous, I’m so excited for them.  They are both delirious with delight for what is in front of them.

I was shopping for goodies for my niece and nephew on Friday night.  It’s my nephew’s birthday soon so I send them both back presents for it.  The birthday boy will get a bit more than his sister though.  Just.  Do you know how hard it was not to buy out one of everything in girls 2-3 at Baby Gap?  That stuff is so darned cute.  My nephew (turning five, wears 7) did well too but his stuff is now less “cute” and more “cool” I guess. 

I baked another recipe from the Hummingbird Bakery’s cookbook this weekend.  Lemon cupcakes (although I added white choc chips).  They were popular with my housemates, my colleagues and me :-)

My project 365 is still ticking along, although it is best when I take my camera with me – saves me from resorting to my phone for the snaps.  Shame this is what happened last week – so now we all have to wait for me to find my cord to upload the pics!

And now, I'm off to dinner at Jamie's Italian.  One of Jamie Oliver's lower key restaurants here in London.  I'm looking forward to it and shall report back.



S

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes life just gets in the way of blogging! And it sounds like you've been keeping busy, so no worries at all!
    I can't wait to hear about Jamie's Italian! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg those cupcakes sound amazing... I think i will be googling a similar recipe tonight!

    Luv Malisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mal - those cupcakes were amazing! I'll make some time to type up the recipe (incl alterations).

    Angela - bad news, we didn't get to eat there last night (but will try again soon).

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are a bad blogger, I am an absolutely terrible blogger.

    ReplyDelete