Thursday, 4 March 2010

Lighting up my life

Many of the blogs I follow are home decor blogs.  Which is kind of silly really, as I don’t own my own home nor do I intend on purchasing one anytime soon.  Heck, I don’t even live with my own things – I rent fully furnished.  But maybe it is because of this that I like these blogs.  Like window shopping.  When the time comes, maybe I will really know what it is I want in my place.  Take lamps for example – I’ve really been drawn to lamps recently.

Here are some of the ones I’ve been drawn to:

From Anthropologie (I like the lamps, I’d switch the shades out for a jadeite green kind of colour:
The One Lump Or Two Table Lamp or the Sibley Floor Lamp

And then a more classic one, a Jielde Floor lamp.  My only issue here is choosing a colour!!  I love the bright pop of colour it can bring, but I might settle for something more neutral like water green or light gray.   
 
{pics from Caravan Style)

Or an all white Yves Lamp from Habitat? (which I can’t find a pic of!)
Or something like my current bedside lamp?

I think we can safely say after looking at this selection, that I have NFI what style I like and I seemingly like them all.  And don’t get me started on pendant lights and chandeliers.  It’s a good thing I don’t have to make up my mind anytime soon.

What colour Jielde lamp would you choose?  Or what is something that you can't help but dreaming off, despite really not needing it?

No comments:

Post a Comment