Friday, 12 March 2010

PW's Toffee Coffee Bars

Sorry - been a busy week and I haven't made time to stop by and blog.  That, I'm pretty ok with, but I also haven't made time to read blogs - so my reader is looking off tap and I'm silent in the commenting world.  Will take some time but I'll catch it up, soon.

So, I finally made a recipe from the Pioneer Woman's site on the weekend.  The Coffee Toffee Slice she featured a few weeks back...

I'd been busted looking at the recipe whilst at my desk so a request had been put in for them.


My thoughts? It was good, but I think I needed to use a bit less coffee and a bit more flour - they were more fudge like and very coffee tasting.  I actually didn't take any in to work because I didn't think they were up to scratch.  On Monday my colleagues were gutted to hear this and insisted I bring them in anyway and let them be the judges.  Their judgement?  They didn't really stop to make one, they  were too busy wolfing them all down.

I'm torn between trying them again or moving on to the next recipe as there are so many more I want to try. What do you guys do in this situation?




2 comments:

  1. I usually move on and try a few other recipes. I'll then come back to an old recipe after a while and try again. By this time, I've had time to think over the recipe and have a new perspective on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point. These do have so much potential and are super easy so I'm sure I'll come back to them, just after I try a bazillion other things first.

    ReplyDelete