Thursday, 1 April 2010

Ten on a Tuesday - 24

This week’s questions come from Kathleen at Kapachino via Chelsea at Ring and Roots.  I like them and have done my best to answer them.  I attempted them late last night (Tues) but was zonkered so passed until now. 

Sadly, last night didn't include eating at Jamie's Italian.  It's one of those "cool" places that doesn't take bookings but seats you as you come in.  Often there is a wait with these kind of places which is neither here nor there, within reason.  Anyway, we got there around 7pm last night and were told the wait would be at least 55mins.  On a Tuesday.  So we ended up at Carluccio's instead.  Not a bad substitute.  We're planning on trying Jamies another time, maybe on a Thursday or Friday when we're more happy to wait.  I'll let you know.

So, onto the questions...


1. What television character do you identify with?
Hmm.. I can't really think of one. Sorry.

2. Describe your morning routine.
Snooze. Snooze. Shower. Rush. Coffee. Rush. Dry hair/straighten hair. Walk. Bus. Tube. Desk. Breakfast. Work…

3. How do you do lunch? Bring from home or dine out? Same thing every day or mix it up?
I buy it pretty much every day. Mostly from the work restaurant. The microwave facilities here are on another floor and plain inconvenient. We have a great restaurant with reasonable prices and lots of variety. So I buy it, and then have a sandwich or soup for dinner. (Yup, I'm turning into my grandparents, having my main meal around midday). I usually have a tuna salad, a mexican wrap, stir fry, grilled fish, sushi or something. Actually - there is no usual - I mix it up a lot.  I can get a healthy hot meal here cheaper than I can cook one so it works out not too bad at all.

4. What is one moment that, although seemingly trivial at the time, changed your life?
I can't really think of many. Most things in my life are reasonably thought out (or I don't realise their impact). Maybe a friend giving me a dorito for my 6th birthday? Silly, I know. But this girl (Mal) and I were not friends at all through prep year until the end of the year when she offered me a corn chip for my birthday. She's now been one of my bestest friends for more than 22 years. And I still sometimes wonder when or if we would have become friends if she didn't break the ice with that corn chip.

5. Name your top three beauty products.
Maybelline Full n Soft Mascara (Very Black) - which I still can't find in store so am soon to be out of and have to try others. Boo.
Lucas Remedies Paw Paw - An Australian thing.  The ultimate everything ointment.  Great as a lip balm, great on cuts and burns and stuff.  Can't recommend it highly enough.
Estee Lauder Sensuous - it's my current smell and I love it.  Quite light and girly.  It wears well too, lasting the day.

6. What do you do when you’re alone in the car?
Oh, wow. What a feeling. I miss that feeling. Sing. Badly. Like most people. Well, most people sing - not necessarily badly. I use to talk to my car too. Ernie was his name. Or, in moments of showing his age/misbehaving/slow acceleration, it was Ernillious.

7. What is the ideal city for you to live in? If you can, take this survey (< that’s a link) and tell
us the results. Do you agree with them?
Call me out on it but I didn't take the survey.  It looked long.  And I don't really want to move to the states (but can't wait to holiday there again).  I'm thinking it would be between London, Melbourne and Montreal. 

8. Are you waiting for something?
Summer? I thought Spring was here (the calendar says it is, the flowers in bloom all over says it is) but the weather is decidedly wintery. Blizzard warnings for my holiday destination of choice this weekend. Blizzards. I've never been in one - is it wrong I'm kind of looking forward to it? (I'll be sure to pack my ski jacket and warmest of clothes!).

9. What was the last shocking news you heard?
The Moscow subway bombings. Not cool, not cool at all.

10. What are three things you wouldn’t do for a million dollars?
Loads and loads, I just can't think of them right now. Things that would hurt my family and loved ones. Something that would deliberately hurt others or animals.

2 comments:

  1. I'm always amused to hear of people who've never been in a blizzard and are looking forward to one! Or of people who just like snow in general, actually. I've lived with snow and below freezing temperatures my entire life, and I'm done with it. I'm ready to move on somewhere warmer. I don't mind a moderate amount of snow and cold, it's just the below -30C days I can no longer handle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you eat a ripe banana for a million dollars?

    ReplyDelete