Tuesday, 2 March 2010

Ten on a Tuesday – Twenty

Another Tuesday, another Ten.  I'm liking this week's questions but they do highlight my indecisiveness.  I think I just like a lot of things.  That's not a bad trait though, is it?

1. If you were given an hour to use a $200 Amazon gift card, what would you buy?
I-pod dock and a spare camera battery. I really want both of them right now.  I would probably spend the balance on books or music.

2. Are there any fairly common foods that you’ve never had?
I'm struggling to think of anything.  Hmmm…nope…can't think of anything…  Plantains maybe?  Are they common?  I've become more and more aware of them recently but never had them.  They look too much like bananas for me to try now.

3. What was your favourite way to use your imagination as a kid?
Look for shapes in the clouds.  I still do it most days (well, most days there are separated, differentiated clouds and not just a big gray/white cloud blanketing the sky which is actually a minority of days).

4. What’s your favourite state? Why?
Victoria, Australia.  There's no place like home.  It has ski slopes, beaches, great opens spaces and national parks, a brilliant city, amazing cafes (with superb coffee) my friends and my family.  I can't think of anything outside of that I really need, not long term (but no, I'm not moving home yet).

5. If it was our culture to have our parents choose our spouses, do you think yours would make a good choice?
No.  Not especially.  Not terrible, but not quite right.  Ok, yes, a good choice.  But not a great choice.  Although, if my culture was like this, I would have made sure to spend a lot more time educating them on who and what I do and don't like.

6. What’s your favourite herb?
Basil.  For pesto, and fresh in pasta maybe.  Not for panna cotta. Or in chocolate.  But savoury, with Italian dishes. Second would be mint.  For mojitos.  And cooking etc of course.

7. If you could have dinner with one celebrity, who would you choose?
Just one?  I like the question when you ask for six.  Way more wiggle room on that one.  So, just one?  Maybe…wow, ummm…Hugh Jackman.  Yes, he'll do nicely thank-you.  He comes across well in interviews - smart, funny, family guy and self-depreciating (but not overly so).  And if the conversation sucked, then he could either just take his top of and sit there looking good, or sing and dance from me (or both - I'm pretty easy about it all).  How can that dinner not be a good one?  Fail safe.

8. What’s your favourite Disney movie?
The Fox and the Hound.  Although I haven't watched it for many many years.

9. If you had to listen to the same song over and over for 24 hours, what song would you choose?
Can I listen to several on loop?  Not because I couldn't just listen to one for 24 hours but because there are several songs I could listen to on loop.  If I like a song, I do what other people call "play it to death" except they just never die for me.  If I have to only chose one, I'd say Private Universe by Crowded House.  It kind of wins because it has been a long long time favourite.  Other close contenders are Passenger (Powderfinger), These Days (Powderfinger), Forever Young (cover by Youth Group), Empire State of Mind Part II (Alicia Keys), London Still (the Waifs), Be Somebody (Kings of Leon), Fake Plastic Trees (Radiohead), Feeling is Gone (The Panics), Amazing (Alex Lloyd), Tiny Dancer (Elton John), Nightswimming (REM).  I honestly think I would be happy listening to them on loop for 24 hours each.   (and yes, they’re all melancholy – that’s how I like most of my music)


10. How do you order your steak?
To not be served to me.  I'm a veggie.

What was your favourite way to use your imagination as a kid?  To tell...(that, or any other of the questions!)

1 comment:

  1. You should ask Woz about Plantains.

    I can't believe Amazing by Alex Lloyd was a contender. Having that song on loop would make me want to kill myself.

    ReplyDelete