Wednesday, 7 April 2010

Birthday cupcakes

Ok.  Not really.  Sorry.  But today would have been my Mum’s birthday.  She’d be old, if she’d had the chance to get there.  Instead, she passed young from the hideous disease that is cancer.  But that was a long time ago, and whilst I will think of her often today, I do that every day so in many ways, it is just another day.

So, on with the program.

Cupcakes.

Last week, I told you all how I made lemon and white choc cupcakes.  They were divine.  Here’s a pic 24 hours later.  Of the 24, there were five left.  This pic is kind of a sneak peak as it is one of my Project 365s – but if I was on track, you’d have seen it already!!
DSC07831

I used the Hummingbird Bakery’s lemon cupcake recipe as the base, but added some white choc chunks as I spooned the batter into the liners.  It would work with any lemon cupcake recipe and the flavours are really yum together. Sadly, these liners were meant to be yellow, but were so pastel they were effectively white.  Oh well.  Did not affect the taste, I tell you!

The icing though – wow!  It doesn’t look much above but it was the tastiest and lightest butter frosting I’ve ever made! I like icing, but for me it is more about the cake.

If you want the recipe (for cakes or frosting) let me know and I’ll happily write it out for you.

Do you follow recipes or wing it? More and more I’m adapting them straight out where as I use to always follow to a T, at least the first time.

2 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes look delicious. Good photo of them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love the recipe for the frosting! :)

    ReplyDelete