Friday, 14 May 2010

Friday fancies

Can I have a YAY please? It's Friday and for that very fact alone, I'm super grateful. It's been a long week but I have a feeling this weekend is going to be spectacular. Seriously spectacular. Want to know why?


My cousin is in town. Beautiful Chelli has flown over from Australia and I get to hang out with him on Sunday. We're planning on chosing a sweet sweet pub for a Sunday lunch and watching the Monaco GP. As he said though, which pub is irrelevant so long as we can have a beer and a cuddle. I need a hug from this guy - he gives the best ones. {side note - some of my friends think it is weird he said that - my Mum's side of the family is affectionate - are yours? I love this about them. Last time I saw Chelli (Zurich, Feb 09 where he was living the dream), his Dad and brother were still kicking about - you better believe we both need a hug}.

Aside from Chelli being in town, I'll be walking through the night on Saturday night. I'm doing 26miles and hoping to be finished by 8am. Wish me luck and send me sweet thoughts please…I hear it is darkest before dawn…

I've been pretty inactive in the blogging world lately, reading and posting but here is some gold dust from the past little while - I hope you like them...
Angela made Dulce De Leche brownies and man I wish I was in Calgary to help her eat them. They look and sound amazing…I think I need to find an excuse to try them.

Doniree hit the nail on the head (she does, often, but this one really stood out for me). This quote is spot on, but so is the balance of the post - do read along...


Katie (ColorMeKatie) outdid herself this time. (yes, this is not from this week, but it is recent and I still love it). Wouldn't it be fun to live in a room like this?? Head on over to see some of her other brilliant work.



Ashley over at You’re the Charlie Browniest told it as it is. We've all had those flippant comments thrown at us (and possibly thrown them) and years later they're still playing on our mind. Humans are great but man, we can be cruel. I had an instance like this last year at my old job - when a 52year old grown woman (with teenage daughters…so should know better…and isn't exactly a perfect physical specimen) took me to town on my size. And for the record, yes, I'm overweight - I'm sure you've all seen that in the photos I occaisionally post. Does it play on my mind? Yes, sometimes. Is it her place to comment - I didn't realise it was. And it annoyed me, but it annoyed others around me a lot more. My way of dealing with it was thinking about what she said (which I could still repeat verbatim but am chosing not to, not right now) was that yes, I was all of the things she said about me but I wasn't only the things she said about me.  At the end of it all, I'd rather be me (with the faults she so kindly pointed out) than her.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the love! I'll have to check out the last two link, I already read Doniree's blog.
    I hope you have a fantastic weekend with your cousin! Oh, and my family (outside my immediate family) isn't all that affectionate, other than a hug hello and a hug goodbye.

    ReplyDelete