Friday, 21 May 2010

London Moonwalk…

I’ve alluded to it in previous posts and I had a little widget on the side for a bit but let me tell you about the Playtex London Moonwalk I took part in last weekend.

In short, it involves walking 26.2 miles through the night, around London, wearing a bedazzled bra.  Before hand comes a lot of training and a dash of fundraising (thanks friends) but the night it self is quite something else.

Beginning and ending in Hyde Park, you take an incredibly indirect route around the park, south to the Thames River, east along the north bank to Blackfriars, West along the south bank and around the suburbs of Chelsea and Kensington before finishing back at the start.  It took me over 8 hours to finish, walking some with a friend and some solo.

It was an amazing event, and I’m still at a bit of a loss to describe it but here are a few pics from it:

The marquee at sundown, Saturday night…
IMG_0159IMG_0161
Entering the compound
IMG_0169
All ready (yes, I walked with helium balloons attached to me.)
IMG_0178
Limbering up inside the marquee, a sea of pink
IMG_0183
Let’s start
 IMG_0186
8 hours later, nearly finished (back in Hyde Park)
Really nearly finished
IMG_0190
The marquee in all it’s glory…


It was a wonderful event – and one I’m so glad I took part in.  Needless to say, I was stiff, sore and sleepy on Sunday but have recovered well otherwise.

2 comments:

  1. That looks like it was a blast! Such a great fundraising idea. I love your outfit too, pink balloons and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Sue! Pat x

    ReplyDelete