Tuesday, 25 May 2010

Ten on a Tuesday - 32

Tuesday ≈ Ten Questions.

Good questions this week.  I'm not sure what makes them good, I just enjoyed answering them.  I hope you enjoy reading them.  Once again, they came via Chelsea.


1. What is your favorite piece of furniture in your house?
Tough question. We rent a fully furnished place so I don't really have an attachment to any of it (it's all bland wooden stuff too). I don't have much furniture in storage back home (my brothers took care of most of it) but I think my "arm chair" is my favourite. It's a nixi chair from an Australian furniture store and styled on papasan chairs.  There are so so many ways to sit in it comfortably. With friends over, it was always the first chair nabbed (and often shared)


{pic of an old faded one courtesy of ebay}


2. If it was raining so hard on a Saturday that you couldn’t leave your house, what would you spend the day doing?
I could really happily do a lot of things. I would make a coffee, and then in no particular order - do some washing, bake some cookies, read some blogs, upload some photos, watch a DVD, catch up on tele.

3. What was your favorite candy as a child?
Probably redskins.  Hard raspberryish taffyish type lollies.  They're really hard to describe because they're a distinct flavour etc, but trust me that they're good.  Really really good.

4. Did you get an allowance? What was it based on? What did you do with it?
When I turned 5 I started getting one. It was 50c a week and went up 10c a year on our birthdays. I don't recall exactly but I think we had to keep our rooms tidy (and toys in the family room), with more chores as we got older? At some point it went up to $5 a week (a lot more chores were involved).

5. Do you have a favorite Etsy store?
Nope, not yet. I've bought a few things from there but I havent' spent much time browsing so I don't have a favourite. Suggestions welcome though (I think prints and photos are what I like the most on there).

6. Do you prefer time with family or time with friends?
Tough call. To tough to make. Sorry (and yes, the fence I'm sitting on is super comfortable).

7. Looney Tunes, Tiny Toons, or Animaniacs?
Looney Tunes only because I don't know the others. I wasn't a massive fan though. Things like Tom and Jerry, The Jetsons, The Snorks, The Smurfs and Strawberry Shortcake more captured my attention

8. Best daytime talk show: Oprah, Ellen, The Doctors, Tyra (ha!), Dr. Oz, or Dr. Phil?
Ellen. She's a laugh and people don't jump on her couch. She's not out to solve the worlds problems or anything but she entertains.

9. Would you rather have the power of invisibility or the ability to fly?
I wish that I could fly (Into the sky, so very high.  Just like a dragonfly.  I'd fly above the trees, over the seas in all degrees, to anywhere I please.  Oh I want to get away, I want to fly away, yeah yeah yeah)

10. Name 1 thing you love about being an adult.
Freedom.

3 comments:

  1. I think you put it in to words EXACTLY why people love Ellen. She's just fun!

    The questions are good because they are easy! People like easy questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "People don't jump on her couch." Ha! That's it exactly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah that was a GOOD armchair.

    It's strange to think that I only own 1 piece of furniture (my beanbag). At least it will make moving easy.

    Being able to fly would be awesome but invisibility would have its uses. The uses for flying, I suspect, would be purer.

    ReplyDelete