Tuesday, 4 May 2010

Twenty on a Tuesday – 27 and 28

Ok, a catch up post because I’ve been of crying, shouting, sulking and footstomping M.I.A. for a few weeks.  They’re all via Ring and Roots – go check out her special 10 on a Tuesday page… these questions come from Courtney and Kara

27

1.  What two cities should be moved closer together?
London and Melbourne.  For obvious reasons for long time readers.  Because I’m here (London) and my family is there (Melbourne).

2. What was the first plane ride you took?
I think it was to Tasmania when I was still an infant (<2).  I only know that from Dad mentioning it as I don’t remember it.  The first I remember is coming to the UK a year later (were my parents mad – a 2 and a 4 year old on a plane for 24+ hours??)

3. What continent would you most like to visit?  Africa.  I really want to climb Mt Kilimanjaro.  I think I need to get to doing this next year maybe.

4. What’s your favorite place to window-shop?
I think Muji maybe.  I’m not sure – I’m not good at window shopping, I always end up buying, so I’m trying to avoid the temptation.

5. What’s the least fun you’ve ever had at a place specifically tailored for fun?
I can’t think of an instance to be honest.  Maybe at a club where the music is too doofy doofy for me to dance to? (I’m a bit of a nana now?)

6.  You’re stuck on an island with plenty of food, a companion, and a relatively stress-free lifestyle. What do you say when the rescue ship comes?
Fuck right off.  Why would you leave that sort of paradise?  Or maybe I’d play nice and go home and see my family. 

7. Which day of the week do you look forward to most?  Saturday.  I’m not sure I need to explain this.

8. What’s your favourite place to enjoy the great outdoors?
Currently anywhere in the UK.  I’m going through a big outdoorsy phase at the moment.

9. What’s on your “to do” list this summer?
It’s long, but the best sort of long.  I went booking mad in Jan/Feb so I’ve got quite a summer coming up.  The list includes climbing mountains (Snowdon down, Scaffell Pike and maybe Ben Nevis and the Y3P to go), sail the Greek Islands (June), kick back in Spain and France (August), take in a music festival (August) and some random gigs in London.  With a few other tentative trips planned (which I’m happy if they fall over), it is likely I am in London for two weekends between now and August).

10. Which natural disaster freaks you out the most?
Floods.  Drowing petrifies me.  Because it would be slow, right?  And when the end comes, I want to come quick. 

28

1.  Think back a decade, do you remember what your first cellphone was? Was it as cool as Zack Morris’s phone?
Brick like.  An old Motorola.  Bigger than the Nokia 5110s.  About two years older than them.  I’ve just had a quick google and can’t find it but was big!

2. What is the first children’s book you remember being read to you?  I really have no recollection.  We were read to all the time but I can’t remember the specifics much. I know we use to pore over Richard Scarry’s big book of words a lot.

3. What was your first car? Did you love it or hate it?
Ernie.  Or Ernillious when he played up.  A 1990 Ford Laser hatch.  I was fond of him – he was a great little car and did all I asked of him. 

4. Who was your hero growing up?
I use to want to be Nadia Comaneci.  Not that you’d now know it but I did gymnastics for years and years and loved it. 

5. Think back to your first kiss. Was it everything you dreamed of?
No.  Not at all.  I kid you not, but that guy (we’ll call him DA) ended up being even more of a deadbeat than we can imagine, serving time.  Not that you’d have known this in grade 6.  It wasn’t my next one but the first one where I felt adult etc was at sunset on the beach and was much better.  My first holiday fling.  I was 14.

6.  What was your first BAD hairstyle choice? (Extra points for embarrassing photos)
I’m not taking responsibility for what my parents did as it wasn’t my choice.  Also not my choice but I had the worst haircut of my life last year.  But it was scarring and I’m still not ready to talk about it.

7. What was your first realistic dream? (One where you had to think “Oh dang, was that a dream?”)
I’m not usually someone that remembers dreams.  Last week dream of the mini is still vivid and fresh.  There would have been others over the years, I just can’t remember them.

8. What was the first phobia you remember developing?
I never use to like to sleep facing the window.  The phobia is gone but I’ve always slept on my left side, maybe as a result of this.

9. Which character on Sesame Street do you most identify with?
I’m really unsure here.  We didn’t use to watch it because I was scared of it!  I may have been a chicken but I was scared of the count and that grover lived in a bin.  The street just looked dirty and scary to me as a kid (I know – not a realistic view of the world but it was very different to my world as a 4 year old).

10. What was the hardest goal you ever accomplished?  I don’t know that I have really.  Maybe completing my studies whist working full time.  Lots of people do this, and more, but I guess that was my hardest.  Maybe I need to aim a little higher? 

No comments:

Post a Comment