Tuesday, 11 May 2010

A Weekend Walk

Happy Tuesday all!  The weekend and Monday have just flown by and a lot didn’t get accomplished.  I was away this weekend but thought I’d finally upload my pics for the my project 365 and bring them up to date.  The longer I leave it, the harder it gets.  I’m now nearly a month behind with the posting.

That said, I had a really wonderful weekend.  One of my goals this year was to improve my fitness and I’ve fallen in with some pretty fit outdoorsy people at my job.  Together, we all headed to the Yorkshire Dales to walk the Yorkshire Three Peaks.  Yorkshire is where my Mum was from so being up their for Mothers Day (Australian mothers day – the UK celebrate it in March) was really apt.

The walk itself?  It’s a 25 mile loop up and over the three highest mountains in Yorkshire.  I found it pretty tough going at times but so so worth it.  Clocking back in at the end, I was so pleased I’d done it.  If you had asked me at the start of the year if I could do it, I would have said no for sure.  Since then, I’ve been working on my fitness but more importantly, I’m learning to back myself.  I can do these things. You can do these things.

I didn’t actually take many pics (too busy walking) but here’s one.  You may recognise the viaduct?  It’s on the way to Hogwarts…
IMG_0076
Back later with Ten, because it is a Tuesday!  What did you guys do for the weekend?  Conquer any demons?

No comments:

Post a Comment