Thursday, 3 June 2010

Pieces of Me – June Edition

Wow – June is upon.  The first day of Summer has come and gone and now let’s enjoy this beloved season. 

With the start of a new month comes this regular post,

I like: That the sailing trip I’ve mentioned before is this month.  I’ll be sailing around the Greek islands with a bunch of friends. 

I don't like: shopping for bathers.  It is so FRUSTRATING.  I’m not a little pocket rocket.  I’ve got lady lumps and bumps and what not.  Why is it so hard to find a tankini with underwire?  Bathers makers, if people are self conscious enough to want to wear a tankini, are they not likely to be the people with boobs?  Think about it!

I want you to know: That I really like to travel (duh!) but I still mostly stay in hostels and budget accom (penziones, bed and breakfasts, chains).  I see so many blogs with gorgeous hotels that I’d love to stay in but sadly, my budget only goes so far and if I was to stay in these places, I’d not be able to travel as much as I do.  I live a good life – but it’s not a lovely luxurious one necessarily.

I’ve planned: To make french tart dough.  Pastry is my nemesis so I'm not sure why I think this might work.  But I'll try anyway.  Craving Fab Pastries is a challenge organised by Fab Brunette and Craving Cupcakes and I have until 30 June to meet this particular goal.




I want to say to someone special:  If only you didn’t live so damn far away! (Oh, wait, that could be my fault!)

{This month’s pic is pieces of me and a friend playing in the 
mirrors at Berlin’s Reichstag building.  Click to enlarge it}

1 comment:

  1. I'm getting excited for you Greek Islands sailing trip...if only to see pictures when you come back! :)

    ReplyDelete