Saturday, 24 July 2010

Happy Birthday Dad! Surprise!!

IMG_0772
Dad rocking the demin shorts in the early 80's.  Despite this, I still love him :-)

It's my Dad's 60th birthday day!!  Party time I say. I've said all I need to say about him - I love him and wish him the happiest and best birthday ever.


A 60th birthday that he's celebrating with a black tie dinner thingy all the way over in Ballarat, Australia.  Any idea how far that is from London? More than 10,000 miles. So I'm sending my love to my Dad as he celebrate's his birthday.

Family_20071027_007
Farmer dad, dressed and ready to show cattle

And let's be honest, I'm not just sending my love to Dad.  I'm showing him too.  To celebrate his birthday, Simon has flown in from NZ and I'VE FLOWN IN FROM LONDON to suprise him at his party.  Please pray he doesn't have a heart attack!!  


Dad resting on a park bench in Toronto
Here's to looking at you, Dad! 

I went straight to the aiport from work on Wednesday afternoon and arrived in Melbourne on Friday night s please be patient as I unplug for the next week to enjoy being in Australia with my friends and family!!!


.  By the time you will have read this, I'll have:
  • Sat on a plane for about 24 hours
  • Hung out with a bestie in Sydney during a 10 hour layover (slightly deliberately longer than the normal 90 minutes)
  • Cuddled and piggy backed and played with my niece and nephew
  • Had breakfast with the girls from school (there's a group of us and we like to roll en masse
  • Raised a glass with my brothers
  • Had my hair done (yep, I'm getting it styled - although really, I think I'll just go a blow dry)
  • Dolled myself up and given Dad what I think is the best birthday present for a man that has all he wants and needs - a huge hug.
I've known for so long about this trip and trying to keep it a secret was the hardest thing! I'll be sharing pics and a recap of how the surprise went down* when I return to London the week after next.

*I've scheduled this post to go live 30 mins after we're due to surprise him.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to your Dad!! (I especially love the gnome shirt)

    I bet he's so excited to have you surprise him! Best birthday present ever. I can't wait to hear how it went.

    ReplyDelete