Thursday, 22 July 2010

London through an iphone Lens

So I mentioned a little while ago I got on board the iphone wagon and asked for some suggestions.  Thanks loads - I'm still playing with some and working them all out but I'm enjoying the ride.  One that I've been really enjoying, and was well worth the £1.19 I paid for it was Hipstamatic.   It came recommended by a few and I've been having a lot of fun playing with it.

It basically recreates an old Hipstamatic camera on your iphone, meaning you can snap away with cool effects. The base pack comes with three lenses (The John S, the Jimmy and the Kaimal Mark II) and some different films. The lenses affect the glow/colour/feel of the pics whilst the film affects the frames of the pic. There are addon packs you can get that give you more lenses, flashes and films too. In the UK they're £0.59 so I've just got some more but haven't had a chance to play with them.

It took me a little while to realise I could change the lens/flash etc (I'm a bit slow) but I've had a lot of fun with it. As well as being able to change the lens/flash/film - you can set it to random so each time you shake the phone whilst you have the app open, it randomly selects the variables.

Here are some shots I've snapped about town in the last week using this app.   (Obviously I need to work on holding the phone still when I take the pic - no app is going to do that for me).  I'm having a lot of fun with this one and happilly give it the thumbs up.
 
IMG_0040 
Lens: John S.  Film: Blanko.  Flash:  Off.
 
IMG_0029 
Lens: Kaimal Mark II. Film: Kodo Verichrome. Flash: Off.
 
IMG_0023 
Lens: Jimmy. Film: Blanko. Flash: Off.
 
IMG_0028 
Lens: Kaimal Mark II. Film: Kodo Verichrome. Flash: Off.
 
IMG_0032 
Lens: Jimmy. Film: Blanko. Flash: Off.
 
IMG_0031 
Lens: Kaimal Mark II. Film: Kodo Verichrome. Flash: Off.
 
IMG_0033
Lens: Jimmy. Film: Blanko. Flash: Off.

So many more combinations I can play with - you will be seeing pics from this app in my Project 365 - of that, I have no doubt!!

2 comments:

  1. I want an iPhone so bad, and just for the apps! Especially the Hipstamatic app. I realize that it's been literally EVERYWHERE lately, but I can't help but love the pictures that it takes!

    ReplyDelete