Tuesday, 13 July 2010

Ten on a Tuesady - 38

Questions this week from Lisa via Chelsea

1. What is the worst movie you have ever seen?
Recently I would say the Single Man. Someone was snoring during it and that made me jealous of them. In all, maybe the Frighteners - did anyone see that? Bad. Bad bad bad.

2. Do you have a favorite Disney/Pixar film?
The Fox and the Hound is my favourite from childhood. I haven't seen all the recent Pixar ones but I do like Wall-E.

3. Do you have a favorite movie from the 80's?
Pippi Longstocking. That movie rocked, and made me want to clean floors by wearing scrubbing brushes on my feet.

4. Are there any movies you saw more than once in the theater?
Quite a few. I worked at cinema during high school and so I got 2 free tickets a week (it later changed to a day - not that you can use them all and they don't carry over). But it mean seeing lots of movies lots of times. Some that I can think of include (don't judge people...) Romeo + Juliet, Face Off, Con Air, Devils Advocate, Evita (once was more than enough though), The Rainmaker, Beavis and Butthead, Good Will Hunting, You've Got Mail, There's Something About Mary, Titanic, As Good as it Gets, In and Out, The Full Monty, Men In Black, MIB II, Southpark, My Best Friend's Wedding, Pleasantville, Election, Antz...The list goes on and on and on and I'm not sure I can remember them all. So yeah, a lot of time optentially wasted but at least not a lot of money!

5. What is one city/area of the US (or country you live if you do not live in the US) that you have not seen but would like to see?
After seeing a friend's pics of the Kimberley and Broome, I'd love to explore North Western Australia (and North Eastern, and the North generally and the West...). I've sadly not seen a lot of my great country, always heading off overseas in stead. Reasons being I always though it would be there...I just have to do it at some point.

6. What are your favorite toppings on an Ice Cream Sundae?
Hot fudgey chocolate sauce and some single cream will do nicely thanks.

7. How many proms did you go to? What color was your prom dress? If you went to multiple proms, what color was your favorite prom dress?
We don't have Proms back home so none. We have socials, debs and formals. All of which I went to (so yeah, pretty ("horrendous") frocks each year. My favourite, and by that I mean least ugliest was probably the purple ensemble worn as a guest at the deb ball.

8. Is there a sport or extra-curricular activity that you didn’t get to try as a child that you wish you would have? (e.g. gymnastics, piano lessons, ballet, etc.)
No - we did loads. Netball, football, ballet, gymnastics, Japanese, Brownies, Violin. I now wish I'd stuck with violin (if only to be better at readin the music, not to play it) or learnt Piano but I didn't have any interest in it at the time.

9. How many siblings do you have? Are you the oldest, middle, or youngest?
Two brothers. Older bro and younger step bro. So, I was the youngest for the first 16 years but now the middle. But being the only girl, middle child syndrome passed me by in favour of being the only princess :-)

10. Do you feel like you fit in with your age group? Or do you feel younger/older than your age group?
Yeah, in some ways I feel oldish and others young/inexperienced. I would guess this is normal, right?

5 comments:

  1. I used to adore Pippi Longstocking; I wanted to be just like her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "single cream"-- I don't know what that is.

    That's a lot of movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pippi Longstocking! I had forgotten about that movie - good choice!

    I also wish I had learned to play the piano - I didn't think of that one either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looooved Pippi! I also looooove You've Got Mail. It is still one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Single cream - it's like the thin runny cream that can be whipped? pouring cream maybe? This is another of those lost in translation moments between Australian/English and American

    ReplyDelete