Tuesday, 6 July 2010

Ten on a Tuesday 37

Back from a super tiring super good weekend.  Some mates attempted (and completed) the National Three Peaks challenge.  It's an open challenge that anyone can do, and involves climbing the highest peak in Wales (Snowdon), England (Scaffel Pike) and Scotland Ben Nevis) within a 24 hour period.  Basically, lots of climbing, lots of driving, next to no sleeping.  I was one of the drivers for this trip and everyone did brilliantly.  Here's the view I had to endure (I know, how tough?? I'll take this one for the team) in the Lake District (England) whilst I waited for them to climb Scaffell Pike on Saturday afternoon.

IMG_1186
(this pic was cropped by about 3mm on the left but otherwise unedited - it was a such a vibrant view)

And now back to regular Tuesday scheduling - ten questions.  Chelsea's (and her family's) questions this week.  Thanks people.   

1. If given the oppotunity, would you choose a mediocre job that paid well or your dream job that paid poorly?
I think I'd probably take the former. A mediocre job that paid well - would allow me to do the things I want to do, outside of work. Right now, I'm not very career focussed so this suits. Had the option been a bad job, then I'd take less pay. Actively diskling a place that I'd be spending 40+ hours at I can't do, regardless of pay!

2. What is your favorite thing about the 4th of July? (For the foreigners: What is your impression of the 4th of July?)
I think of patriotism. You guys seem to go all out.

3. What’s the most random fact you know about American history?
I know very little that comes from off the beaten track. Maybe the colours of the flag? Old glory blue, old glory red and white. Probably not that random since Pioneer Woman told us all the other day!

4. What is the best fireworks display you’ve ever seen?
I really liked one for Guy Fawkes Day last November. They were set to music. Melbourne does spectacular ones all the time too, so I think I'm a little fireworks spoilt. We saw one in Malta last year that went for 45minutes (but more or less the same thing repeated).

5. Who taught you how to put on makeup?
No one. Still can't do eye liner.

6. Have you ever gone through a financial planning process? Tell us about it.
Not really. Only as an exercise in uni. Ironically, Dad is a stockbroker but has fin planning quals too.

7. What was your favorite outfit as a kid? Bonus points for pictures.
I had a knitted sweater that had a bubble gum machine knitted into it. All the gum balls were buttons sewn on. So cool - I loved that thing.

8. Do you prefer a beach, lake, swimming pool, or no water?
Beach, because I have to chose but happy with all.

9. Do you recycle? If not, why?
Yeah, I do.

10. What are your thoughts and feelings about the Twilight Saga?
I've read and seen the first. Nothing since. I don't dislike it, I just haven't gotten around to it.

2 comments:

  1. I got all excited about the fact that I also knew the colors of the flag, but then I realized that I learned the names from Pioneer Woman too. :)

    The sweater you had as a kid sounds pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your #1 is exactly what I was thinking. I'd choose my dream job if the other option was a BAD job. But since it's just a mediocre job, I can handle that. I work to live, I don't live to work! So the extra $$ would be worth it because it would provide things outside of work.

    ReplyDelete