Thursday, 1 July 2010

Ten on a Tuesday x 2 = Twenty on a Thursday

I've missed the boat these last two Tuesdays so I'm bringing them together for you as a super edition this Thursday.  Questions from Angela and Katie via Chelsea.  Thanks girls!!

Week 35 - Angela's questions

1. If you could trade lives with another blogger for a day, who would it be and why?
It would certainly be a blogger that live in a different city. It'd be cool to live like a local elsewhere. As to who? Not too sure - a lot to choose from.

2. Do you prefer receiving handmade or store bought gifts? Be honest!
Store bought mostly I think but preference levels are low. It's one of those 51/49 scenarios.

3. Would you rather camp or stay in a hotel?
Both have their place. Probably hotel but I'm not at all opposed to camping. Depends on who/what/where etc.

4. What’s your favorite comfort food?
Maybe roast potatos or hot chips or rostis? Potatos in general.

5. You’re having a really bad day at work. How do you unwind when you come home?
Interwebs and music.

6. What’s your favorite chore? (Or, the chore you hate the least)
Cleaning the kitchen.

7. What got you interested in blogging?
I read so many and thought it would be cool to have a little place to call my own. I don't nurture mine as much as I would like to or give it enough time to grow but I do enjoy doing what I do with it.

8. Are you currently reading a book? What is it?
Too True by Blake Morrison. Early days but so far so good.

9. Do you have a favorite artist?
Not really although I can look at Escher's work for hours (I just don't fancy it on my walls).
10. Have you ever met someone famous?
I've met the Australian cricket team (ok, so not famous on a world stage but my heroes, always) and a lot of my favourite footy players. As for real real celebs? Not so much. James Van Der Beek (yeah, as in Dawson!) He came to a screening of Varsity Blues at my work (cinemas) and I met him then, way back in the day. It sounds like I need to work on some better celeb experiences but I'm ok as it is.



Week 36 - Katie's questions

1. What was/is your favorite live action (meaning not animated) kids movie?
Drop Dead Fred was a favourite for a while. I'm sure there were others but I can't really remember them.

2. What is a bad habit you have? Are you working on breaking it?
Saying Yes to too many things. I just feel like I' spread myself too thin sometimes and no one gets the best from me. I'm working on it - I've blocked some time out in the coming months to leave room for me and late plans and the like. Check back in September to see if it is better??

3. Describe your father in 3 words.
Strong, stubborn,supportive (or, maybe just "the best dad")

4. Which character in the Breakfast Club were you most like in the ’80s?
I've seen it but it didnt' really have a lasting impact (so much so that I can't actually remember the characters).

5. Name 5 songs you know ALL the lyrics to.
Oh, I'm bad at this. Really bad. My mates laugh because I sing along, thinking I know the words but really, I make up my own ones. Whatever works, hey?

I could recite



  • The Lords Prayer





  • Advance Australia Fair (Australian national anthem)





    • I couldn't recite but if you played the music I'd know all the words for:


    • Girl from Mars - Ash





    • Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon (handy this- I'll be seeing them tonight)





    • You're the voice - John Farnham.



      • I'm not really sure you can get a more random mix than that.


        6. Do you make pancakes from scratch or a box mix?
        Scratch unless camping, then it is a mix.

        7. What was your worst job ever? Why?
        I've been super super lucky with my jobs - I tend to hold them for a while. Worst was last year's one - the commute just wasn't for me.

        8. What was your favorite class in high school?
        Probably Politics. Lots of debate and the like which I really liked. Had an awesome teacher (Mr Wise) the first year (less awesome but still ok the second year).

        9. Favorite summer guilty pleasure?
        Frozen strawberry daquiris spring to mind. They've not been far from mind since almost drinking my body weight in them last week (and to think others on the trip had way more of them than me).

        10. Please share your best money saving tip!
        I'm not good for this really. I'm pretty poor at saving, I buy my coffees and lunch and I eat out. In London, I'd say the museums - there is so much free entertainment at hand there.

        1 comment:

        1. I've been asked so many times what my favorite food is, but I could never list just one, it's always been Perogies and French Fries, with baked potatoes coming in a super close third. I finally realized that I just plain old love potatoes, so that's what I tell people now :)

          ReplyDelete