Tuesday, 10 August 2010

My wonderful weekend

I stayed local this weekend, barely venturing north of the river (Saturday night aside).  Did a few things I've wanted to do for a while, and enjoyed some things I previously knew little about.  If I was to sum up the weekend - it was indulgent.  Taking the time to enjoy.  It was also about cups of tea.

Ok, it started with coffee at Borough Markets on Saturday (along with the freshest most delish breakfast baguette).  Northcote Road markets later in the day and some local thrift stores.  Only one purchase, but I do love it so.

IMG_1575
I got a set of this delicate pink china - 4 cups, saucers and cake plates - for £4.  Perfect.  Pictured here with last night's cup of tea and a tim tam.  They're a tad pinker in person than this pic shows.

Saturday night was spent with a friend (old housemate) heading out for a "quiet cocktail" at a sweet cocktaail bar (found thanks to Becky at Teacups, Cupcakes).  Per her review, it started quiet which was great as we were able to catch up. Around 11 though, the dancing started and that kept us there until the small hours.  I can't wait to go back to this bar - it's seriously is just one (chintzy) room with a hole in the wall bar but some super tasty cocktails and a great attention to detail.  Go check out Becky's post for pics though - she's did a much better job than me.  Here are two of my cocktails though - a whisky & peach one (tea cup) and a jam jar caprioska

IMG_0118 IMG_0121

Sunday, we toured the Brunel Tunnel (the first tunnel under a navigatable river in the world...yeah, I paid attention) which held our attention for a little bit before a waterside cream tea (no pics - it was far from the best cream tea I've had) and wandering around a slew of waterside pubs until dark.

A really good fun weekend with friends - thanks guys

How were your weekends? Any scores or highlights?

2 comments:

  1. Aaah so glad you went and liked it! I think I'll stick around for the dancing next time...

    Went to another Speakeasy / Prohibiton era style cocktail bar last night, it's called 'Purl' and is on Blandford Street in Marylebone, bit more expensive than B&H (�8 or �9 per drink) and didn't actually think the cocktails were *quite* as good, but it is a pretty cool location, dark and opulent decor down some steps in an old wine cellar (I think), good atmosphere, friendly staff, and def worth a look if you are in the area.

    http://www.purl-london.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a great weekend! I love the tea cup. I was actually surprised to notice that all of the thrift stores we went to had full sets of china. I may have to snap some up when I get some more cupboard space.

    ReplyDelete