Tuesday, 3 August 2010

Ten on a Tuesday – 41

Some more great questions this Tuesday.  Thanks Chelsea.  I answered these this morning at the unsavoury hour of 3.30am but have held off on posting until Chelsea posted hers.  It is funny to read bac over my answers and correct a few things!  They're still probably riddled with grammatical and spelling errors, but that is the nature of the beast today.  I find the first day back in the UK from Aus the worst for jetlag - others find it worse going the other way.  Anyway, yada yada yada and on...here's 10 answers to 10 pleasing questions...

1. What is your current favourite television show?
I would say Brothers and Sisters but we’ve not long had the season finale.  I haven’t found a new fav though so will stick with that.

2. Apple juice or orange juice?
Fresh cloudy apple.  Yum.

3. It’s Shark Week on Discover Channel. Do you watch? Why or why not?
No.  Probably because we don’t have discovery channel.  That, and I’m not really that interested in them.

4. What are the non-blog websites that you visit regularly?
Foxsports (Aus edition) – got to keep up to date with my Aussie rules goings on
Herald Sun – the Melbourne paper
Travel Zoo – This is a bit of a guess.  Lots of travel pages actually, but probably this one the most.

5. What is your favourite way to prepare green beans? Asparagus? Potatoes? Carrots?
Green beans – topped and tailed, lightly cooked (still a tad of crunch)
Asparagus – Cooked in a frypan of water, or bbq (I love grilled asparagus but it isn’t practical for me most days)Potatoes – whilst I loved them roasted and scalloped and fried and many which ways, I tend to bake them more often than not.
Carrot – fresh carrot sticks.  I don’t mind them cooked but I’d rather snack on them raw.

6. What is your favourite flower?
At the moment I’ve loving poppies in every which colour.

7. How do you feel about handkerchiefs?
Not for me. I’m strictly a tissues girl.

8. If you could only shop at 3 stores for the rest of your life, what would they be? (You probably should include a grocery store.)
David Jones – an Australian department store with some great concession stands and a pretty darned good food department (lovingly called “Food Glorious Food”)
Debenhams – a UK department store, lots of choice and not to expensive
Wilkinsons -  a store full of everything you can think off – housey things, food, other fun random stuff.

9. If you could only use wine for one purpose for the rest of your life, which would you choose? To cook with or to drink?
Malbec to drink (preferably by an open fire with friends, but you know, I’m flexible). I don't mind wine in cooking but I love drinking red, and Malbec particularly, so I'm not willing to forgo that.

10. What’s your bedtime?
Last night it was 7.31pm.  Normally around 11.30 – 12.00 but I’d like it to be closer to 10.30 – 11pm.  Just got to stop procrastinating.

2 comments:

  1. All of my posts have errors. ALL OF THEM! I've actually never heard the term "topped and tailed."

    ReplyDelete