Tuesday, 31 August 2010

Ten on a Tuesday - 45

Those that know me or follow my twitter may know I've just been away again.  I've spent the past 5 days on the beach in San Sebastian (Atlantic coast of Spain) and Biarritz (Atlantic coast of France).  They were magical days and you can be sure I'll be sharing more about them with you soon.  They were the perfect last hurrah of a wonderful summer.  To prove Summer is at an end, I've come back with a cold.  Awesome!  I'm now back in London until October I think so I should be a better friend/blogger/commenter etc and I can't wait.

And with that, on with the show.  I know I missed a ripper of a set of questions last week, all photo based and will be back to catch up on them soon.  Here's this week's ones though...thanks Chelsea

1. Pretend it’s Monday morning–take us through a day in the life of you.

6.44am  Alarm goes off (iPhone's barking one).  Hit snooze
6.54am  Get up and head to the shower
7.00am  ish...head to kitchen, make coffee

Then it get's hazy - I don't really do anything different from day today but I leave home anytime between 7.30am and 8.10am.  Regardless, this black hole of time is usually working what I'm going to wear, catching up on emails, book o faces, twitter etc etc and general faff.

8.30am - 6.30pm work
6.30pm - 11pm - stuff*
11pm - Bed

*either nothing or bootcamp or dinner with friends.  Mondays are more likely to be nothing (you know the hosuework/chinwag/procrastinate online kind of nothing) or bootcamp but never say never.

2. What’s your favorite reality tv show?
So You Think You Can Dance but I've only watched one series of the US one since I've moved to the UK. 

3. What motto do you live by?
Sure, why not?  I say it a lot and when it comes to doing things and trying things and being open minded, it tends to epitomize how I think.  That said, I maybe say it and act it too much and end up spreading myself thin (yep, that saying/theme rears it's ugly head again)

4. If you knew could you try anything and not fail, what dream would you attempt?
Climbing Mt Kilimanjaro.  I will climb that mountain, I will.

5. What was your first job?
Working at the local cinemas.  I started in the candybar before spending most of my time in the box office.

6. What is your current job?
I'm a risk analyst.  I sit in the Counterparty Credit Risk team within the broader Risk Analytics and Reporting (CRR RAR for short) at a big bank.  Essentially, I just crunch numbers and do sums.

7. What would you call yourself if you could choose your own name (and you cannot pick the one you already have)?
Hard one.  I hardly love my name (I feel like it is an old one) but I'm not attached to any other and my parents chose it so I've learnt to be ok with it.  Maybe...hmmm...Jess or Jen or Kate?  Something quite common but only one syllable

8. What musical instruments can you play?
None really.  I learnt violin and recorder but mastered neither. I can play a few songs (think Mary had a Little Lamb and Twinkle Twinkle, songs in that vein) on the piano but no chords or nought.  So, none.  Wish I could though - starting with piano.

9. Is it easier to forgive or forget?
Forgive.  Much easier.  And better.

10. What is one food you’d never want to taste again?
Cows tongue, since you ask.

4 comments:

  1. My last job was an actuary. Number nerds unite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #4 - Wow! I hope you're able to do it.
    #10 - Eww! Eww! Eww! I would never think of even trying that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10- Umm eww.

    Sorry you missed last week's ToT. I thought it was fun! We'll do another photo one again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cow's tongue? Yuck.
    And you climb that mountain, girl!!

    ReplyDelete