Thursday, 16 September 2010

Malteser and Chocolate Fudge cupcakes

I saw the recipe for European Mocha Fudge Cake over at Angela's place (Craving the Cupcakes) last Thursday and was determined to try it pronto.  And I did, albeit with some changes to suit.

The changes were 
  • I made 18 good sized cupcakes from the recipe, rather than 1 cake (or 2 layers) (baking time was about 18 minutes)
  • I iced them with cream cheese icing as one of the people that was going to be eating them doesn't like whipped cream (hence the lack of mocha in my title - there ended up being no coffee)
  • I substituted pecans for Maltesers (this is my normal nut substitution for sweet baking as one of my housemates is allergic to nuts).  Next time, I'd up the level of Maltesers - they were great

These cupcakes were some of the nicest I've had, rich and dense but oh so tasty...

IMG_2133

IMG_0309
(Dr Oetker's Chocolate Stars are my default topping for chocolate cakes)

Now, off to see what gem of a recipe is being offered up today.  What are you wanting to bake? Or eat?

2 comments: