Thursday, 2 September 2010

Pieces of Me - September Edition

I'm a little in shock that it is September already.  And that most of my recent posts have being memes and what not.  This will be changing - I have a glorious 7 week period in London where I plan to do lots and nothing and blog about it all (and catch you up on all the cool things I've done/seen/thought/wanted etc for the last little while).  I'm back kids, I'm back!

And true to recent form, here's the monthly meme I do.  Short and sweet, play along if you like...


This month....


I like:  London town.  I'm here for a while, with just one trip planned for the rest of the year (for now...) and some school friends have just come over to live here.  And another is on the way (in 66 sleeps anyway, not that I'm counting!).  I'm wanting to (and already beginning to) fall in love with this crazy city all over again.



I don't like:  Ill health.  I have a cold.  It's lame, I know.  I feel like I have a touch of man flu too.  All the time though, Dad's in hospital.  If you follow me on Twitter, you may know he went in and had some surgery a few weeks ago.  He's still there.  They thought he might get out last Friday but now they think this Friday.  I hope so.  It was planned surgery and something that was necessary for quality of life but not quantity (ie. it was never do or die surgery).  He's going to be just fine and is in some of the best hands.  I just worry about him - he's not a great patient and will have to take it easy for another few months.  And Lynnie, my stepmum - who does the 100km drive each way each day to visit him.  I'll just be more at peace when he's well enough to return to the farm and recover (knowing the docs won't release him until they think he is well enought to).



I want you to know: lots of things.  I feel like I have so much to say.  Too much, and it's hard to sort my thoughts out to get them down coherently.  I'll work on it though.  And that I'm grateful.  So very very grateful.  For you readers, for my friends, my family and for my life - I'm constantly feeling blessed to be able to do the things I do. 


I’ve planned: A no bender September.  I have had a seriously indulgent and wonderful summer, over the top in fun and parties.  It's time now to slow it down a little, take a bit better care and what not.  So for September, there's no bender (which probably means no more 5am finishes but that's ok too).  I want a slightly slower pace of life for a little while.


I want to say to someone special:  Do you even know I exist?  Like in a I'm a girl, you're a boy kind of way?  No?  Ok, maybe you're not actually that special.  Time for this crush to pass and me to move on...(if only it were that easy...maybe more on this another time, maybe not....)

IMG_1821
(Me atop Mont Urgull, San Sebastian last Sunday morning.  I felt on top of the world too)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you'll be around and posting more often!
    I hope your Dad is released from the hospital soon, I can only imagine how tough it must be for you to be so far away.

    ReplyDelete