Wednesday, 15 September 2010

Ten on a Tuesday - 46

Questions this week from Sarah (Life at a Different Pace) via Chelsea (Roots and Rings).  I like these questions - they're a tad travel related.  Anyway, read on to see just how travel related they are...

1. Favorite way to travel (plane, train, automobile, etc.)
Train.  I find train travel so relaxing.  It's usually faster than car and doesn't involve airports.  The longest train journey I've done was from NY to Toronto - meant to be 12 hours, took 14 - and I'd do it again in a blink.


2. Where’s your favorite place to travel to that you’ve been to?
San Sebastian is my current favourite I think.  City, shops, beach, mountains, amazing food.  More or less everything you can want in one place.

3. Where’s the place that you want to go but have never been?
So so many.  Russia, but that is booked.  Probably Prague, some parts of Morocco and San Francisco.

4. Do you deal with traffic well?
It's a part of life, isn't it?  I don't drive very often over here so it's not too much of a concern.  If I have music on, I'm fine.

5. Ever had an emergency while traveling?
Nope (she types whilst also touching wood)

6. Do you have a passport? What countries have you been to?
Yep, I've got one.  Had one since I was 2 as we needed them to come and visit my Grandparents here in the UK.  I've been to Australia, Austria, BelgiumCanada, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Leichenstein, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Phillipines, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, UK and USA.  (Some were stopovers but they've only be included if I left the airport and wernt into town.  I haven't travelled extenstively in some of these places.  Links are to my flickr set if I have uploaded any pics)

7. Are you’ve light packer or do you pack everything but the kitchen sink?
Not light but getting better...

8. Do you take the fastest route or the road less traveled?
Depends - I like the road less travelled but when time is an issue, I'll take the fastest route.  We have some trips where we know what/where we want to see/go so often the fastest route.  Then others are a lot more free and easy.

9. Do any activities on the road? (like road games, reading, sleeping, etc. )
I'm notorious for sleeping in cars (unless driving, of course!), on coaches, trains, planes and ferries.  Otherwise, airport time is often killed playing gin rummy.  Music is more or less always on.

10. Use a paper map or GPS?
Both.  Love the GPS but don't have one and rarely hire one.  Sometimes borrow a mate's though.  Maps aren't too bad in the UK - and the major routes are numbered so navigation is easy.  When on foot in cities, I like to have the pop out maps - as well as being handy and helpful, they're a great souvenir.

IMG_0177

No comments:

Post a Comment