Wednesday, 29 September 2010

Ten on a Tuesday 48

Ten again, it being Tuesday and all. Thanks Chelsea and Elizabeth

This one is about favourites.  Obviously I will like it - it's about my favouritist things. Right?  Just it turns out I don't really know some of the answers.  Questioning myself isn't a lot of fun right now but I've done my best. 

1. Growing up, what was one favourite item that you had to have with you at all times?
I don’t remember having a blankey or anything and I had lots of soft toys.  There were three I always slept with but they didn't come with me during the day.  That said, Dad did have do a 200km round trip uturn to collect one I'd left in a hotel room.  The sweetest of puppy dog toys, I still have her.

2. Being an adult, what is one favourite item that you have to have with you at all times, and what happens if you do not have it with you? Do you lose your sanity or just go back home to get it?
For the longest time it was a watch.  I’d hate not wearing one.  Now I don’t wear one more than I do (the time is always there on my phone, ipod, computer etc) (and my tardiness isn’t getting better).  I also had phone issues, but loosing it day 1 in Greece semi-solved that a little.  Although it was weird not having a watch or a phone.

3. Where is your favourite place to be to just hide away from everything and breathe for a moment?
Here and now, my room is a little like my sanctuary.  I've got the grumps on so in bed watching DVDs is what I crave.  Traditionally, it's that or to be near vast open expanses of water/fields.  They always reminds me how small I really am and of the bigger picture.

4. What is your favourite thing about your partner? (If you don’t have a partner, then someone who is very close and will always be in your life)
No lifey yet.  One day hopefully.  This is refers to a few friends.  That I can tell them anything.  Anything.  And they’ll react honestly (not always what I want) but they’ll hear me out and listen and advise if needed etc and there just isn’t any judgement.  Even after they've had their opinion and they don't agree, they will still support.  Now if i could just fall in love with someone and have that same openness, that would be lovely.  Just lovely.

5. What is your favourite thing about your job? (If you don’t have a job, then what is your favourite thing that you do during your day?)
Probably that it pays enough that I get ot do the travel that I do?? It use to be the people.  And I guess it still is the people.  But it’s not the same people and that is a bit sucky.

6. What is your favourite lesson that your parents taught you growing up? Looking back, is it something that you want to use to teach your children when they reach that age?
Probably optimism and happiness.  And taking responsibility for your own?  I'm just really happy with my childhood.  To the outside world, it wasn't ideal - Mum's aren't meant to pass away from cancer when their daughters are 9 years old.  To the inside world that isn't ideal either, and whilst it has no doubt had a massive impact on who I am (scarily like my father at times in thoughts!), there was so much fun and love and other great things about it that I just don't dwell on what wasn't.

7. What is your favourite song, that will always bring a smile to your face and make you think of something happy?
Black Eyed Peas - I gotta feeling.  A great feel good song that I will forever associate with my brothers wedding this time last year (26 Sep 09 - happy anniversary Simon and Sonia).  Late late late in the night, shoes off, all the remaining guests in a circle with our arms around each other jumping in time to this song, singing at the top of our lungs.  Simon and Son in the middle, doing the same.  Mazel tov!

8. What is your favourite things about being an American? (If you not American, what are you proud of in regards to your country)
Australians are known for being easy going and having a crack.  I’m proud to be known for that.  That, and the opportunities I got growing up there (I appreciate all the more for living here.  The beaches and farm and sense of space etc).

9. What is your favourite meal that reminds you of being a child?
Fish n Chips (on a Friday especially – we use to have it after swimming lessons most weeks, with chocolate milk).  That is, when we didn't get Indian (mum's fav) which we had about once a month or so.

10. Name 3 things that other people would say are their favourite thing about you.
…not the first time in recent times I’ve been asked this but I don’t know.  Some would say maybe my sense of humour, optimism and silliness.  Not this week though - they're a little lacking, but mostly those.  I hope??  Chip in below if you will...

1 comment:

  1. Your experience with the song you chose for #7 seems like a lot of fun! I also love Fish n Chips - YUM!

    Hope you're having a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete