Tuesday, 7 December 2010

Instagram - a mini review

I’ve been playing around with various free apps since I got my iPhone.  Sure, there are some I pay for (hello Hipstamatic) but I’m always trying out new-to-me free ones.  One of the ones I’ve recently been playing with is Instagram.

It’s a photo app that lets you apply vintage and toy finishes to your photos and easily share them.  Like Hipstamatic, you get various finishes, all reminiscent of old school pics.  Unlike Hipstamatic, they’re applied after the fact. 

You get less control in that you can’t chose your perfect combination of film, lens and flash but you can play around with the finish to get the look you like.

Here are the different finishes you can play with:
IMG_0457IMG_0458IMG_0467IMG_0459IMG_0460IMG_0461IMG_0462IMG_0463IMG_0464IMG_0465IMG_0466

So whilst I think my allegiances may still be with Hipstamatic, Instagram is pretty damn good for free!

I've also downloaded a few other free photo apps that I'm playing with and will let you know what I think.  What iPhone photo apps do you use, if any?

1 comment:

  1. I love Hipstamatic, but lately I've been playing with the Classic Toy app. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete