Wednesday, 8 December 2010

Reverb 10.4

December 4 – Wonder.
How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?
(Author: Jeffrey Davis)


Sure, why not?

It is my take on most things.  My default thought seems to be “yep, I can do that” rather than “Whoa, I can’t do that”. 

I think this has been my line of thinking for a while now, but it’s really only in 2010 that I’ve put these words to it (after a mate pointed out that I often answer with them).  It’s the reason I’ve got to do some really fun things for which there wasn’t really any purpose, but left me with a real sense of wonder?

The feeing of jumping off boats/cliffs into the water (knowing it was deep)?
Paddling in a frigid Loch Ness?
Swimming in a partially frozen lake in Russia?
Driving mates from Wales to England to Scotland to climb three mountains in 24 hours?
Fly home for a week to surprise Dad for his birthday?
Walking 26 miles over night for charity?
Walking 26 miles over 3 mountains with friends "for fun"?
Sure, why not?

It’s the small things too – spontaneous plans with friends, often the best.

Sure, why not?

cliff dive
(We knew the water here was deep enough to jump into. 
Sure, why not doesn’t mean not considering dangers!)

No comments:

Post a Comment