Monday, 20 December 2010

Reverb 10.7


7 – Community.
Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011?
(Author: Cali Harris)


Blogging (and tweeting) has been a big part, but I feel I need to participate a lot more than I do to really get the most from it.  Maybe that's where it will come from in 2011?  I can build, right?

Where I've really done it this year is work I think.  I started a new job on 4 January this year and most (yeah, not all) of my colleagues are great.  Aside from the after work drinks, there have been holidays, weekends away, housewarmings, birthdays etc.  I think it's easy to make friends at work that you will chat to at after work drinks but I love that some of the friendships I've built have extended into our own time - like weekends etc.  I might add though, that after some staff churn (common in banking industry), my mates are not in my direct report group but wider colleagues from the same floor.  And I think that works well.

Pic below is of colleagues I went on the 3 Peaks challenge with in July (which involved several weekends away before hand and several social catchups after).

IMG_1170

No comments:

Post a Comment