Monday, 20 December 2010

Reverb 10.8


8 – Beautifully Different.
Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful.
(Author: Karen Walrond)

This is a tough but so important prompt.  And I'm a little stuck on how to answer it.

Years ago, when out with the girls from school, one of them pointed out how different we all are and have become, yet how awesome we all are together.  And she affectionately called me the twinset of the group (which I liked!).  She's right though - we are all really different, but I guess the shared history of school combined with all being brought up in the same neighbourhood with similar values etc binds us strong.

When I then told my colleagues that my mates thought I was a twinset, they were shocked.  You see, I was one of the shyer, more conservative girls in my friendship group, but out there compared to my colleagues at the time.

And now, after a few years away from all?  I'm just me.  And I don't know what makes me so, but I like who I am and it seems my ever growing friendship circle do to.  I'm a contrast at times - I like spontaneity and fun things but crave quiet time at home.  I'll give anything a go once.  And I think I'm a pretty good listener and loyal.  But who knows what it is?  I'm just happy with my lot.

*feel free to chime in with your own answers - I'm really keen to hear what you have to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment