Monday, 20 December 2010

Reverb 10.9



9 – Party
Prompt: Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans.

(Author: Shauna Reid)

Dad's 60th
60ish year olds.  Dad's nearest and dearest
My brothers and I, holding up the fort for the youngsters
Music was a violinist and celloist who rocked some contemporary numbers in the corner
Food was three course of delish, topped with lemon tart for dessert
Wine was a plenty, as was the champagne, martinis and whatever took your fancy
Dress was black tie.  Me sporting a long dress.  My Dad and bro's in tuxedos (so cute!)
Shenanigans was a lot of love in the room, reminiscing, and photo bombing (my brothers and I kept things light, as always, much to our parents dismay!).  An awful lot of laughter that night.  And tears
Tears when Dad realised his oldest boy (Simon) and I had flown in for the occaision and walked in singing happy birthday. 

The night of 2010 for me.  The night.

IMG_1325
Me at the head of the table (or the but) with my younger bro behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment