Monday, 24 January 2011

Grandma Gertrude–Gone Peacefully

It was her time

I spent the most peaceful few hours with Grandma, just holding her hand, yesterday, occasionally talking to her.  She couldn’t hear me or see me but she could sense me and would often squeeze my hand.

She passed away a few hours ago (Sunday, 6pm, London & Leeds time).  I’ll be returning to Leeds to spend more time with Granddad and help him, and to spend time with my Dad is who thankfully and magically flying in from Melbourne, arriving Tuesday.  Posting will be light (to non-existent) for a bit.

Don’t be sad for me.  She’s been reunited with her children, her sisters, her parents and many other loved ones. 

It was her time.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss, but you've got a great attitude about everything. I'm so glad that you got to spend some time with her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss but how wonderful you got to spend those last moments with her, I'm sure she enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete