Thursday, 10 February 2011

Bookworm at work

I'm not spending all my spare time watching movies, I'm also getting back to books.  I use to be an avid reader.  Not so much now but I do miss those days.  With that in mind, and many a book recommended, I stockpiled a few weeks ago.  Here's what I got:





So far I’ve read:

Never Let Me Go - interesting and I’m looking forward to seeing the movie but I’m not sure I get the hype about the novel itself.  I didn’t really connect with the characters as much as I would have liked to.

Between a Rock and a Hard Place  - I was super keen to read this after seeing 127 hours.  Knowing the outcome, and some of the details of Aron’s entrapment didn’t take away from it.  It was a great read.  It includes the obligatory photos all auto biographies have – including one of his trapped hand, post self amputation.

The Happiness Project – Two thirds of the way through this and really enjoying it.  Whilst Gretchen and I are at very different points in our life and have little in common, I still find I can relate to her well.  An easier read than I maybe predicted.  I haven’t begun my own happiness project and I’m not sure I will but there are a few quick take aways from this that I hope to keep up.




Still to read:

Rasputin’s daughter – only a few pages in so no real comment.  I quite like historical fiction and have a bit of an interest in Russia at the moment which is why I chose to order it.

The Great Gatsby – a last minute add for £2. I asked a colleague what his favourite book was as I was ordering and he said this.  With a movie in the making, I’m keen to read it before I see the flick.  I’ll let you know what I think.

Have you read any of the above?  Any suggestions or recommendations.  I’m not a crime thrillers/sci-fi/fantasy fan but more or less anything else goes. I seem to be particularly interested in historical fiction and biographies but don’t limit your recommendations to these categories. 

Other books I’m keen to read are when I next stockpile include:

{All pictures from the Book Depository, and are links to said book on said site.  It’s where I buy my books from if I buy online}

No comments:

Post a Comment