Tuesday, 1 February 2011

Ten on a Tuesday - 65

 Update: I  wrote all the below last night and it all still stands true - I'm mentally all over the shop. Compounded by possibly the worst/most bizarre start to a work day in memory.  If you follow me on Twitter, you will have an inkling (@SimonsSistaSays) but I stalled this morning on the way to work to draft a eulogy for Friday (which of course made me cry but happy tears as I read over my cousin's and my memories of Grandma).  Then, after finally leaving the house, I had a harrowing vomit inducing walk to the tube.  It seems a bus took out a cyclist this morning so the road was closed to all but pedestrians by the police.  There were loads of police, loads of flashing lights and loads of debris; a really grim scene.  Some poor family woke up this morning thinking it was just another Tuesday.  I don't know the outcome but I suspect it is anything but another day for them. 


I’m back.  My head and heart are still all over the shop, work is kaka chaotic/stressful/frustrating as I work around taking 5 days in 10 off and my friends who I’d probably rather hang out with/chat to are being ignored/pushed to the back.

I’m in London, heading back up to Leeds for Grandma’s funeral on Friday (which is the first crematorium spot available…12 days after her passing!!), and I’m juggling things as best I can.  It’s not all doom and gloom either, but I’ll share more later in the week (or next, more likely). Anyway, I’m back for today.  And today, being a Tuesday, means another ten questions.  Thanks Chelsea.

1. What is your favourite childhood memory?
So many to choose from.  I had a pretty darned great childhood.  I think girls nights in with mum (whilst Dad and Simon were at cubs/scouts) are one of the simplest.  Often we’d end up in the adult lounge room (as opposed to the family room where we use to mainly hang), dancing around to Elton John and Billy Joel.

2. What is your favourite quality about yourself?
Loyalty. 

3. What is your favourite thing that your child does?
N/A. 

4. What is your favourite thing to do to relax?
Lately, movies.  Escapism (although from what I’m not sure) I guess.  Movies at the cinema, movies at home.  Movies.

5. What is your favourite restaurant? And what is your favourite thing on the menu?
At the moment (changes regularly), it’s Wahaca (Mexican) and it’s the winter veg enchilada (although I only get that every third or fourth time as there are loads of things I like!)

6. What is your favourite piece of jewellery (besides your wedding ring)?
I guess my graduation watch? I’m big into costume jewellery so whilst I love a lot that I have, there isn’t a huge amount of meaning attached to much of it.  Mum’s jewellery (plenty of sentiment there) is something I left in Australia and only rarely wore so I won’t say that.

7. What is your favourite night of the week M-TH? And why?
It used to be Thursday but it seems I always work late.  I guess Monday – it’s the most socially acceptable night to stay in and have an early one, which is what I’m constantly craving at the moment.

8. What is your favourite dessert?
Lynne's chocolate mousse.  It's wickedly rich and amazing and delish and just about worth flying half way around the world for.  I can make it, but I like it so much more when someone else has.

9. What is your favourite item in your make-up bag?
Maybelline Full n Soft mascara (hard to find now but it’s been my go to mascara since I first tried mascara.

10. What is your favourite smell?
Baking (either garlicky goodness or sweet delights depending on my mood).

1 comment:

  1. Great list! I love Sundays because I always relax and watch my favorite shows.

    And I love McSteamy, too. But I also love McDreamy. I don't know...tough one.

    ReplyDelete