Wednesday, 16 February 2011

Ten on a Tuesday - 67

Thanks Chelsea for the lovely summer questions

Ten questions, twenty answers this week.  My housemate Kate is sitting beside me and helping me not do my CV or my banking or things of that ilk.  Instead, we’re painting our nails*, watching Glee (The UK is behind – it’s the Teenage Dream episode) and answering these questions.  Kate's words are in italic - I may have ad-libbed for her along the way a little.

IMG_3295
That's Kate on the right, me on the left and Jason, our third housemate.

1. Any vacations you are looking forward to this summer?
Me – yes.  I’ve just (like 15 minutes ago) booked a trip to Valencia in March.  Not summer I know, but I’m not that far advanced.
Kate – yes.  Hells to the yes (that’s from me). Koh Tao (Thailand), a safari (somewhere in Africa).  (Kate’s just resigned to go freelance and travel for 6 months or so.  So from May, her life is a holiday.

2. What is your favorite article of summer clothing (shoes are included)?
Me – havianas.  They’re the first thing to come out when the weather warms up and the last to be put away as winter comes.
Kate – a particular tee she bought in Manly or her her denim cut-offs.

3. What is your favorite summer drink (alcoholic or non)?
Me – slushy strawberry daquiris
Kate – Pimms (did I mention she’s English)

4. Do you tan or burn?
Me – Burn (although I’m pretty sensible about it all). My bather lines are still visible from last summer and not because I tan but because of freckles.
Kate – tan.

5. Any goals you are working toward this summer?
Me – no, not really.  I don't have a summer of travel planned like last year but I'll do something no doubt.
Kate – see above (she’s got the entire summer off).  Being happy, free spirited and less serious (she’s not very serious but we’re laughing because she won’t say hiney)

6. What is your favourite summertime food?
Me – Calipos (icy poles) or fresh pineapple
Kate – Strawberries and cream (yeah, I already said she’s English, didn’t I?). Raspberries too.

7. What song most says “summer” to you?
Me – Boys of Summer (All versions so far, including Don McLean, DJ Sammy, Ataris and Kings of Leon)
Kate – Jason Mraz – I’m yours

8. Any home improvement goals planned for this summer?
Sue – no.
Kate – no.

9. What is one thing you hate to see at the beach?
Sue & Kate – litter, especially and cigarette butts.

10. Did you ever go to a summer camp?
Sue – No, but I went to camps throughout the year (brownie, guides, youth group etc
Kate – No.

*Ironically, we were painting our nails Fiji, by Essie.  The perfect colour for writing about summer holidays


1 comment:

  1. Oooh a safari? That sounds awesome!!

    Stopped by from Ten on Tuesday! =)

    ReplyDelete