Wednesday, 16 February 2011

When I was missing … Time with Dad

So I often go missing from this blog, sometimes with a reason or explanation and some warning, and more often not.

A few weeks ago, Dad flew in from Australia for five days.  I met him off the plane in Manchester Tuesday afternoon and we ventured over to Leeds for some family time. 

Whilst Grandma’s passing (and the reason Dad was here) hung heavy at times, it wasn’t all doom and gloom either.  Dad and I got to spend some great time together in a place full of different memories and emotions that I don’t think either of us would have ever thought we’d have.  And then there were times when we just had fun and enjoyed where we were.

Leeds is a funny town, often maligned by the English yet noted for some of the best shopping outside of London.  Oh, and it’s pretty close to some remarkable national parks.  Playing tourist in it was reasonably easy, aside from every landmark having a memory for one or the other of us.

Anyway, enough trying to explain what I don’t know how to explain, or maybe don’t want to explain.  Here are some pics from my time with Dad that I treasure.

IMG_3564IMG_3575IMG_3582IMG_3598IMG_3606IMG_3613IMG_3633IMG_3635IMG_3642

Corn Exchange - Leeds
Yorkshire Dales
Castle Bolton – Yorkshire Dales
Playing at Clarence Docks, Leeds
Mini snowman we built – Yorkshire Dales (en route to Lake District)
Castlerigg Stone Circle – Lake District
Honister Pass – Lake District
Buttermere – Lake District
Skimming on Derwent Water – Lake District

Dad – thanks for coming for what I know would have been tough trip.  It was so great to have your support even if I maybe didn’t always show it.

No comments:

Post a Comment