Tuesday, 15 March 2011

First World Problems–Travel

Want to know what I’ve spent my evenings doing?  Researching, booking, more researching and planning. 

Researching, planning and booking holidays.

Sometimes it’s the easiest thing in the world, but more often than not (especially when I’m travelling solo), my indecisiveness is near on crippling.

So what have I got booked in the last week or two?
  • A return flight from Barcelona (yep, I half book a trip to Valencia a few weeks ago and then the whole decision making about where I might like to end up got too much and I didn’t book the return.  I’m off to the Las Fallas Festival this Thursday.

  • A 10 day trip to Morocco.  Beginning and ending in Marrakech, I’ll be doing a southern clockwise loop, spending time riding camels in the Sahara, walking in the Anti Atlas Mountains, staying in a Berber village and then taking in the coast in Agadir and Essaouira

  • A climbing weekend in Snowdon.  I'm heading back there with some colleagues and a housemate the weekend after this. (Here's one of two trips there from last year)

And what can’t I sort my stuff out for?  Lots.  The following are trips I’ve committed to but yet to book:
  • Amsterdam and the bulb fields.  The dates for this are just about confirmed, just waiting to confirm numbers (otherwise, I know which flights I want to take)

  • Isle of Wight music festival – tickets booked, but need to sort out transport (cars, ferries, etc).  A dear mate is coming over from Australia for this (which coincides with her thirtieth).  I think there is 16 of us going.  It’s not like I’m trying to organise everyone, but I do often feel I’m trying to please everyone.

  • Paris – The same friend that is coming over for Isle of Wight is spending some time in Europe.  I’ll be meeting her for the weekend in Paris.  If I must (it’s not actually a place I like but I haven’t been for years so I’m thinking maybe this is the time I fall in love with it)
 

Other trips in the pipeline are for Eastern Europe (including a music festival in Budapest), something for my 30th (in November, thinking of Borneo), a trip home to Australia (for a wedding and Christmas), Santorini (we just didn't do it justice last Summer) and whatever else comes along.

It’s going to be a great year for travel – if only I could make some small decisions.  If you could go anywhere, where would you go? (I’d choose India but I don’t want to go solo so I’m waiting for my mates to realise just how cool it will be).

1 comment:

  1. Wow, how exciting that you get to travel so much! We are just excited to be going to California for a week and do some wine tasting :)

    ReplyDelete