Thursday, 21 April 2011

I quit my job

and I finish today.

I don't tend to talk work on here (other than saying sometimes it's busy etc) but we've had a lot of staff turnover within my immediate team in the 16 months I've been here and, well, it's not been fun lately.  Not only has it not been fun (I mean, I get it, it's work, not a hobby or leisure activity), it's been downright unfun. 

People that read this and see me in real life can tell you that all about it - it's been a constant topic of chat. 

So I quit. Without a plan.  I just knew I needed out.

Thankfully, that same day I gave notice (or told them i wasn't renewing my contract), I got headhunted.  Internally.  So I start my "new" job at a desk about 50metres from my current one on May 4th. 

No more CVA calcs for me as I move from credit risk into market risk.  CV wise, it broadens my risk experince whilst still retaining continuity of employers. I still have lots of friends here and am glad to not leave - it is a good employer.  Without being too specific the main point of difference - I'll be in a different reporting line.

I'm not really sure of the words to best explain how glad I am about this move, but know that I'm excited about it, relieved about it and glad to be moving on.

So that's where I'm at...

2 comments:

  1. Wow, how brave of you! I'm glad it turned out well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations - what an exciting new chapter of your life you're entering! :)

    ReplyDelete