Tuesday, 17 May 2011

My weekend–Lake District

Doing this
IMG_5475
IMG_5483
IMG_5481
226665_10150242100908767_641358766_8621064_2414240_n

Walking and then rock climbing (learning to at least) in the Lake District.

Scaffell Pike is the highest peak in England and been on my must do list for a little while now.  Weather could have been better (wind and rain for 6 of the 7 hours) but it was worth it. 

The walk took us 7 hours, had plenty of scrambling and climbing as well as some gentle parts.  I really found my stride coming down and ran parts of it*. 

Now…well I’m sore all over and chock full of cold.  I’d do it all again though.

How was your weekend? 

*Jogged.  Jogged really, when the downwards momentum over slippery boulders was to hard to fight.  Good fun though.  Grateful to be wearing my new boots – no blister, no rolled ankles, no missing toe nails (and all those good things that come with descents).  The Meindl Burma Pro are my new best friends

2 comments:

  1. These pictures make me want to get out and go on an adventure! You always look like you have so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - I try to! I spent the first 18months in Europe seeing so many cities so now it's the country side I crave.

    ReplyDelete